Thread: [RESOLVED] [2005] fully qualified path

Resolved [RESOLVED] [2005] fully qualified path

I am trying to publish my app using Click-Once deployment. I am trying to publish it to a local folder, but it is requesting a 'fully qualified url or unc path' to publish to. How do I convert a local address to a fully qualified path?

Re: [2005] fully qualified path

file://host/path
    My CodeBank Submissions: TETRIS using VB.NET2010 and XNA4.0, Strong Encryption Class, Hardware ID Information Class, Generic .NET Data Provider Class, Lambda Function Example, Lat/Long to UTM Conversion Class, Audio Class using BASS.DLL

Remember to RATE the people who helped you and mark your forum RESOLVED when you're done!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. "
    - Albert Einstein

host is the computer name? This did not work for me...

Yes.

file://MyPC/C:/Program Files/Blah
    My CodeBank Submissions: TETRIS using VB.NET2010 and XNA4.0, Strong Encryption Class, Hardware ID Information Class, Generic .NET Data Provider Class, Lambda Function Example, Lat/Long to UTM Conversion Class, Audio Class using BASS.DLL

Remember to RATE the people who helped you and mark your forum RESOLVED when you're done!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. "
    - Albert Einstein

still not working. I cannot even publish to file://myPC/C:/

You can use a local path for the Publishing Location but if you do then you have to specify a path for the Installation URL as well. If you use a URL or UNC path for the Publishing Location then you can omit the Installation URL. If you specify an Installation URL it cannot be a local path. It must be a URL (http or ftp) or a UNC path.

If you were publishing to "C:\MyFolder" on MyMachine the correct UNC path would be "\\MyMachine\C$\MyFolder".