Thread: Microsoft Document Scanning question

Microsoft Document Scanning question

I've searched Google and this forum and have so far come up short. I don't know if I'm phrasing my search wrong or what but can't find anything.

anyway, what I'm trying to find out is where Office saves the "presets" that you can create in their Microsoft Office Document Scanning program. I tried just copying the shortcuts for each of the users that need them, but that doesn't work. So obviously they are being stored somethere but I don't know where. All of the presets are going on to one machine, just different user accounts. I just want to be able to easily transfer the presets from one machine to another because I am not always able to be in the office when the grave shift is here and they need the presets as well.

Thanks!

Re: Microsoft Document Scanning question

Also, how do you get rid of the extra prompt after an image has been scanned. I know there is a prompt for more pages box when preparing the preset, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to stop prompting after it has scanned an image.

Hi!
    I have scanned my documents and my default location needs to be changed to the network path where items should be saved. I can't seem to find the setting to modify this default path. Please give me any solution
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by abel555; Sep 26th, 2017 at 05:56 AM.

PowerPoster

i would have thought it should be a setting in the scanner
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Quote Originally Posted by westconn1 View Post
    i would have thought it should be a setting in the scanner
    O.o ... really? What would the scanner know of my computer? Usually it's up to the scanning application to decide where it should be saved, aspect ratios, document type, etc.

My guess is that sort of stuff is in the registry somewhere or in some sort of ini file burried in the user's profile.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *