Thread: vb, mysql, php

vb, mysql, php

hi everybody.. i have created an inventory system using vb6 and mysql. what i want is to create a webpage using php and use my current database (the one that i use in my inventory system) to show the details of my page. so if there are transactions on my inventory system, it would directly appear on my page.. is it possible? if so, how can i do this.. please help..

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Re: vb, mysql, php

To accomplish this I would think you would need the help of the PHP folks, not the VB folks.

Moved

I think you need to give more information. For example:

How is your transactions stored?
    How do you want to format the data from the database to be displayed?

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

It's possible and you can do it by executing a query using the php_mysql library, or some other more sophisticated data access library of your choice.

Advice on how exactly you do it will require you to be more specific.

hello.. thanks for all your replies.. actually, im still very new to php. what i want to do is create a webpage that can be used as an online inquiry of my inventory system. the inventory system is for a cellphone shop here in our place. it covers deliveries, sales and inventory. the webpage contains all the products of the cellphone shop, quantity and the price of each product. so if there changes in the database, e.g there are new deliveries entered to the system, the quantity for that particular product in the webpage would also be changed. so i want to use my mysql database for both my inventory system and my webpage. my question is, is it possible?
    please help.. thanks..