Thread: Problem with stretched images in largeicon view

Problem with stretched images in largeicon view

Hi everyone,

I've got some issues with a Listview control set to LargeIconView with an ImageList control assigned to the LargeIconImageList property of the Listview.

I've got the Imagelist control's image size set to 110,110.

The thumbnails which are stored in a database have a MAXIMUM size of 110 x 110. Meaning some thumbnails may be 110 x <110 and some may be <110 x 110 (either the Height or the Width will be 110, seldom will both be 110).

Loading the images into the Imagelist is working just fine. Showing the images in the Listview seems to work except that the images are stretched because they are forced back to 110 X 110.

Is there a work around for this, or will I need to paste the thumbnail onto a 110 X 110 blank Background image first before adding to the imagelist control?

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Joacim Andersson's Avatar

Re: Problem with stretched images in largeicon view

The ImageList will always resize images to the size set for the imagelist, and AFAIK there is no workaround for that so I guess you just need to load them into 110x110 image first as you suggested yourself.

Re: Problem with stretched images in largeicon view

Thanks for the confirmation. I figured that was what the problem was.

I've tested out the other way of doing it and it is sooooooo sloooooooow.

I'm not sure why it takes so long to make a new thumbnail with a border around it.

My code to do this looks like this:
    Code:
    Public Function prepImg4List(ByVal b As Bitmap) As Bitmap
            Dim tn As Bitmap = New Bitmap(My.Settings.thumbnailSize, My.Settings.thumbnailSize, PixelFormat.Format32bppRgb)
            Dim g As Graphics = Graphics.FromImage(tn), leftAdjust As Integer, topAdjust As Integer
            g.InterpolationMode = Drawing2D.InterpolationMode.HighQualityBicubic
            g.DrawRectangle(Pens.White, New Rectangle(0, 0, My.Settings.thumbnailSize, My.Settings.thumbnailSize))
            leftAdjust = CInt((tn.Width - b.Width) / 2)
            topAdjust = CInt((tn.Height - b.Height) / 2)
            g.DrawImage(b, New Rectangle(leftAdjust, topAdjust, b.Width, b.Height), 0, 0, b.Width, b.Height, GraphicsUnit.Pixel)
            g.Dispose()
            g = Nothing
            Return CType(tn, Image)
    End Function
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to fill the rectangle as well seeing that I'm getting a black box behind the image instead of the white one I'm expecting. The problem I'm having right now is that this takes so long to build. Does anyone have a faster way of doing this or perhaps to clean up my code to make it faster?