dcsimg

Lively Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Run-time error '76': Path Not Found

Hello Guys,
    Can someone help me please?

Actually i have made an app using visual basic 6 that edits some files in a specific folder in drive c.

In my computer it does everything fine...but when i try it another computers it gives me an error "Run-time error '76': Path Not Found"... but the files tht it has to acces are in the same drive where they shud b but still it givs me this error...

any help would be appreciated..

Thx.

Re: Run-time error '76': Path Not Found

You say it's on the same drive, but what about the Path?
    <--- Did someone help you? Please rate their post. The little green squares make us feel really smart!
    If topic has been resolved, please pull down the Thread Tools & mark it Resolved.

Is VB consuming your life, and is that a bad thing??

Lively Member

well the path is correct to bro :S...

Lively Member

thx guys for ur help...but i have found the so;tion thx..

I am having the same issue. I would like to know what the resolution was for this developer. I would get the error 76 after having ran the program with one success. The files are still where the should be but I will get an error 76.

PowerPoster

Re: [RESOLVED] Run-time error '76': Path Not Found

Path not found means that there is a problem with your path. It could be a network drive that is not connected or it could just be a problem with the path in your code or a filename with illegal characters in it.

The simple way to determine the problem is to set a breakpoint to check the value of your path or check it when the error occurs or use debug.print to print it to the debug window or use a msgbox to display it on screen once you see what it is you can see if that path is actually correct or not.

Re: [RESOLVED] Run-time error '76': Path Not Found

Quote Originally Posted by DataMiser View Post
    Path not found means that there is a problem with your path. It could be a network drive that is not connected or it could just be a problem with the path in your code or a filename with illegal characters in it.

The simple way to determine the problem is to set a breakpoint to check the value of your path or check it when the error occurs or use debug.print to print it to the debug window or use a msgbox to display it on screen once you see what it is you can see if that path is actually correct or not.
    I found that my code was having any issue with the relative path that was place in the code. Once I change it to absolute, it starting working correctly. Thank you for you assistance.