Thread: [access] Create report with horizontal Detail not Vertical

Fanatic Member

[access] Create report with horizontal Detail not Vertical

I need a report that shows months from left to right on the paper, and then, stats about each month.

What are some options I have?

Is there a simple "orientation" dropdown I can change to Horizontal, instead of vertical?
    Please RATE posts, click the RATE button to the left under the Users Name.

Once your thread has been answered, Please use the Thread Tools and select RESOLVED so everyone knows your question has been answered.

"As I look past the light, I see the world I wished tonight, never the less, sleep has come, and death shall soon follow..." © 1998 Jeremy J Swartwood

Fanatic Member

Re: [access] Create report with horizontal Detail not Vertical

Another way to say it is.

When you create a report, you have headers, and footers. The data inbetween the header and footer will repeat for each record moving down the page. I want the data to repease for each record, moving sideways, accross the page. The problem is the data isn't set up into "Month" catagories, so I can't just make a txtbox for each month under the Employee Header section.

Currently shows up like this
    Code:
    Employee Name
        Joe
         Month1: 50
         Month2: 10
         Month3: 1
         Month4: 2
         Month5: 3
         Month6: 1
         Etc

Want to make it like this
    Code:
    Employee Name   Month1    Month2    Month3    Month4    month5    month6    etc
    Joe               50        10         1          2         3         1
    Tom               25        30        20         15        12         6

Once your thread has been answered, Please use the Thread Tools and select RESOLVED so everyone knows your question has been answered.

"As I look past the light, I see the world I wished tonight, never the less, sleep has come, and death shall soon follow..." © 1998 Jeremy J Swartwood

Fanatic Member

One thing I thought of, and I don't know if this will work, i'm playing around with it to see if I can get it to work.

use the existing query, but run a query on it.

It groups everything by the Month, and sums it up.
    That gives me that data layed out in the query, Vertical, Correctly.

I'm trying to figure out how to make Month1-12, and just make the query group data into those months, based off the information

EDIT 1:
    I tried messing with the page set up, to do down then across, and after I tried Across then down. none of is it making the data show up correctly.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rack; Jan 30th, 2008 at 06:54 PM.

Frenzied Member

see if this link helps you it was originally posted by shakti5385. I accept this is on a diff issue but might help you get some guidance...

Fanatic Member

I see, so your saying, in my query, or in the report, create a string, that combines all the data.

So, in the detail section of the report, I could have a variable that is storing the data, and adding it up for the month, then, at the end of the detail, cancel=true, until it's at the last value.

Is that what your saying?

combine the details, and instead write it as 1 item, instead of multipule entries?