Thread: Pls Help!!! hOW To Convert .vbp to .exe

Pls Help!!! hOW To Convert .vbp to .exe

Dear Expert,

May I know is that a way to Convert Visual basic project to .exe file externally. Without using Visual Basic programme to do so. I am using visual basic 6.0 to create the project. Thanks

Re: Pls Help!!! hOW To Convert .vbp to .exe

I'm no expert, but to compile your project into standard .exe do the following:

Click the "File" menu and mouse down to "Make EXE". Then click on it.

That's it.
    <--- Did someone help you? Please rate their post. The little green squares make us feel really smart!
    If topic has been resolved, please pull down the Thread Tools & mark it Resolved.

Is VB consuming your life, and is that a bad thing??

Thankx for the reply !!! But i do know this way of converting. I am trying to find a way that which is converting the .vbp to .exe without the use of the visual basic software.

"Digital Revolution"

Quote Originally Posted by pacify21
    Thankx for the reply !!! But i do know this way of converting. I am trying to find a way that which is converting the .vbp to .exe without the use of the visual basic software.
    This is called a Visual Basic compiler. I'm not aware of any 3rd party ones, just Visual Basic.

So why not just use VB? Or do you not have it installed? If not, you can try searching google for "Visual Basic Compiler" or "3rd party visual basic compiler" and see what kind of stuff comes up.

Addicted Member

You need to use only the VB6 compiler to compile the VB6 application. For doing so,

Try finding your VB6 EXE in your machine. Let us assume the path is

"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\VB6.exe"

Then you project vbp file is <ProjectFile.vbp>. Inorder to execute the file without the IDE, get into the DOS prompt mode

D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\VB6.EXE <ProjectFile.vbp> /make

The <ProjectFile.vbp> file name should include the full path of the folders in your machine.
    Regards
    Srinivasan Baskaran
    India

Smile Re: Pls Help!!! hOW To Convert .vbp to .exe

I think i Get it. Thx everyone....

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Welcome to the forums.

If you consider this resolved, you could help us out by pulling down the Thread Tools menu and clicking the Mark Thread Resolved menu item. That will let everyone know that you have your answer.

Thank you.

Frenzied Member

And if you have VB installed then all you need to do is right click the .vbp file and select "Make".

Quote Originally Posted by pacify21
    I purchased my registered version VB Pro in 1998 but didn't start programming with it till 2007. I think I paid in excess of $500.00 back then. So as I understand your question and reply... You don't have VB6.0 on any of your computers, but you want to compile VB code that someone else wrote? If this is not the case then I'm totally perplexed. If this is the case then .... Sccatta!
    <--- Did someone help you? Please rate their post. The little green squares make us feel really smart!
    If topic has been resolved, please pull down the Thread Tools & mark it Resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoBull
    Out of curiosity: why did you buy it?
    I'm not certain if you're asking why I paid for it, or why I needed it? If it's the former then ... In 1998 no one was giving it away! If you're asking why it sat unused until 2007, then I can only say is ..."Life happens and sometimes gets in the way of ones plans".
    Last edited by CDRIVE; Jan 30th, 2008 at 08:51 AM. Reason: punct

Re: Pls Help!!! hOW To Convert .exe to .vbp back again ????

Is there any possible way to convert a .exe file back to .vbp ????? I need to know this !!!!!

Welcome to VBForums

First of all, please do not post your questions to a thread that is a different issue - you should have created a new thread instead.

Is there any possible way to convert a .exe file back to .vbp ????? I need to know this !!!!!
    No there isn't, for more information see the article about it in the "General" section of our Classic VB FAQs (in the FAQ forum)

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek View Post
    Welcome to VBForums

First of all, please do not post your questions to a thread that is a different issue - you should have created a new thread instead.

No there isn't, for more information see the article about it in the "General" section of our Classic VB FAQs (in the FAQ forum)
    Thanks anyways.