Thread: Multi-Clipboard

Multi-Clipboard

Multi-Clipboard
    This small but powerful app runs in the background to give you 10 clipboards, instead of the boring old 1.

How? Compile the source (vb.net 2) and run it (you should also put a shortcut in your startup folder), while it is running you can at any time press Ctrl+Num where Num is any number between 1-9 or 0

For example, Ctrl+1 switches you to channel 1
    Then, Ctrl+C to copy something like normal
    Then, Ctrl+2 switches you to channel 2
    You can now copy & paste freely in channel 2 without overwriting the data in channel 1, to get it back, simply press Ctrl+1 to switch to channel 1, and paste.

I hope I explained it well enough, copy&paste just like usual, and use the Ctrl+num keys to switch channels.

After using this 10 channel clipboard, you will forever feel sorry for all those single clipboard users

This was a side-project from another clipboard-based app: VBForums QuickPaste
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hack; Dec 13th, 2007 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Removed Executable Files

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Re: Multi-Clipboard

In accordance with this policy regarding attachments, I have edited your zip file and removed all executable files.

In the future, please post source code only.

Thank you.

I seriously thought I had.

This is a neat program, I'm liking it so far

However, I have noticed that you've only included the 1-9 plus 0 number keys at the top row of the keyboard, however, I use the number pad at the right of the keyboard (NumLock is turned on for me) and your program doesn't switch channels when I press Ctrl + NumPad1 or Ctrl + NumPad2.

My Suggestion is thus:
    Press Ctrl + 1 or Ctrl + NumPad 1 will switch to channel 1
    Press Ctrl + 2 or Ctrl + NumPad 2 will switch to channel 2
    etc..
    Currently using VS 2015 Enterprise on Win10 Enterprise x64.

CodeBank: All ThreadsColors ComboBoxFading & Gradient FormMoveItemListBox/MoveItemListViewMultilineListBoxMenuButtonToolStripCheckBoxStart with Windows

That's true, I didn't think about those who prefer the keypad. I had a quick look at doing this for you but had worlds of trouble getting the extra 10 keys to function correctly.

But just replacing the hotkey array with the numpad values (just do a replace of Keys.D with Keys.NumPad) works fine, if thats your preference.

Glad you like it, i've already found it very handy myself and thought id share.

Phill64, I have it changing channels using either the Numberpad or the keys on the top row. I simply expanded both arrays of allowed keys then added a check right before calling the change channel method.

My additions seem to work, although in the actual change channel sub, a null reference exception gets thrown when setting the clipboard text right after the channel has been changed. I'm not sure what to do (all I've done so far is added a Try/Catch block around the problem code) just yet.

Here's the code I have so far
    Last edited by JuggaloBrotha; Jun 30th, 2010 at 03:00 PM.
    Currently using VS 2015 Enterprise on Win10 Enterprise x64.

CodeBank: All ThreadsColors ComboBoxFading & Gradient FormMoveItemListBox/MoveItemListViewMultilineListBoxMenuButtonToolStripCheckBoxStart with Windows

Hey Juggalo,

Funnily enough this is exactly what I tried :P I did determine what causes the problem, just not why or how to fix it...

For some reason, with the two sets of keys, if you put a breakpoint in there you will see that when you use the numpad keys to change channel, the key event fires over and over again, and you get a clipboard error. Actually you said you got a null reference error, that's different to what I get but I'm guessing it's caused for the same reason.

I am thinking it is to do with the key id, when setting the hokeys
    Code:
    Dim atomName As String = Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.ManagedThreadId.ToString("X8") & Me.Name & id
    Because the only difference between switching to numpad and ADDING numpad is that now we have more than 1 digit for id.

Any Idea's?

Also, I'm considering making which keys you use an option (because something I didnt think, happens to me - when i play my AntRush game, i can't use ctrl+num to group my ants anymore, the clipboard app must actually hog the key, so i cant have it using up those keys on my pc)