I'm using VB.NET 2003 now. I bought it back in mid 2005 and I didn't know about VB2005 at the time. I didn't have to buy Visual Studio 2003. I noticed that you can't buy Visual Basic 2005 by itself but have to purchase the Visual Studio 2005. If this isn't the case I haven't seen anywhere that you can buy just Visual Basic 2005. I'm hoping that Visual Basic 2008 will be made available by itself. No one likes to buy things that aren't necessary. If someone works only with Visual Basic and isn't interested in the other languages in the VIsual Studio I think that they should have the option of buying only the component of the Visual Studio that they are interested in.

I don't know what the Visual Studio 2008 Standard or Pro is going to sell at but let's say that the Visual Studio 2008 Standard sold for $750. If you could buy Visual Basic 2008 by itself for $ 250 you would save a good deal of money. Microsoft might actually make more money because more people would be able to afford what they were interested in. If someone wanted 2 components of Visual Studio 2008 they could spend around $ 500 and if they were interested in 3 or more then they could just buy the Visual Studio 2008 Standard and be getting a good deal.

This is just a suggestion of course but for Visual Studio 2003 the separate components were made available so maybe they'll do so again and I hope that they do.