Thread: VB6- Blast Away! [exe and source]

Threaded View

VB6- Blast Away! [exe and source]

Blast Away!

Edit: The files for this game are now lost forever. The links are broken, and the originals were on a long-since-scrapped computer. Sorry!

It's finally complete! The latest and greatest game is here for you to play. This is a 2D, two player cannon game, where 2 players blast across the screen to annihilate their opponent. There are 9 different powerups, which fall from the sky, making for a crazy battle. The battle can be customised for game speed, powerup frequency, and number of starting lives.
    In the current version, there's single player mode against the computer, or 2 player mode on the one keyboard. Netplay is also in this version, but I'm not sure how well it works. If anyone wants to either fix the netplay for me, or perhaps coach me a little (I'm a bit of a newbie to winsock), I'd be happy to accept.
    This game is open source, so you can download all the project files if you want. However, for those without VB6, download the game package. If you want to try to play over the net, you'll also need the server package, which one computer has to run for the 2 players to connect to.
    Enough talk, here are some enticing screenshots! (Shrunk down)

Feedback, feedback, feedback!!!!!
    Cheers,
    metal
    PS- the zips are too big to attach here, hence the external links- sorry. The source is about 600k, and the other two about 1.5MB.
    PPS- If you're downloading one of the packages, unzip the 3 files to one folder, then run setup.exe. The packages have extra files needed to run the project without having VB6, which is why they're large.
    Last edited by metalmidget; May 5th, 2013 at 11:14 PM.