Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] crviewer.dll issue revisited

Addicted Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] crviewer.dll issue revisited

Hey all

The other thread was marked as resolved so I assumed that it would be passed by. Please accept my apologies for opening another thread on its behalf. I am still having the error come up even though all my dependencies are now included. It is quite a roadblock and I am totally lost as to why this is still happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Original Post

Re: crviewer.dll issue revisited

You must remove those other CR files from your deployment for one...

Addicted Member

Ok let me try that part again

Addicted Member

Ok, i removed all other CR files but still get same error

Addicted Member

Ok so I remove EVERY CR .dll except for the crviewer.dll, correct? I also have craxdrt.dll that is being used in the application. So when I look at the dependencies, crviewer leads to craxdrt.dll which leads to all the other .dlls that were to be removed. This is where I am confused. I dont know which ones are definately needed or if any are.

No, crviewer.dll is a CR file so it has to be removed also...???

If you don't know what should be removed... that is why that link was so important. It would remove everything you don't need...

Addicted Member

Ok, thanks...I am just a bit confused(obviously). Will keep at it. ANd thanks so much for the help both on the forums and the program.

That may not solve all the issues but you have to take it one step at a time...
    But running the other program will help show you what you need to include and what you don't.

BTW: You don't need any of the CR dll's That is what the msi installation is for. It will install all the CR dll's that you need (and some you don't).

Addicted Member

First of all, I feel like an idiot....I was thinking the msi was just an addon for the script program. I didnt even realize to include that with the installations. But unfortunately with that added to the installation and the CR links taken out of the script, I am still receiving that error. Also, after the installation, I get a pop up box: Incorrect command line parameters. And within that box some copyright info but seems to install ok. Any idea what the incorrect command line thing is??

I have no idea of what your script does or what else it contains or how it operates... So to answer that question would a total guess.

Addicted Member

[Setup]
    AppId=TestCR Release

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Taken from VBP Project File Parameters AppName, AppName AppVersion and Company
    ;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AppName=TestCR
    AppVerName=TestCR 1.0.0
    AppPublisher=

AppVersion=1.0.0
    VersionInfoVersion=1.0.0
    AllowNoIcons=no
    DefaultGroupName=TestCR
    DefaultDirName={code:GetAppFolder}\TestCR
    AppCopyright=
    PrivilegesRequired=None
    MinVersion=4.0,4.0
    Compression=none
    OutputBaseFilename=TestCR100Release

[Tasks]

[Files]
    Source: C:\Program Files\Test CR Install\CRX_RDC_Redistribution.msi; DestDir: "{tmp}"; Flags: nocompression ignoreversion deleteafterinstall
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 7\vb 6 redist files\msvbvm60.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: uninsneveruninstall regserver restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 7\vb 6 redist files\oleaut32.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 7\vb 6 redist files\olepro32.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: uninsneveruninstall regserver restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 7\vb 6 redist files\asycfilt.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 7\vb 6 redist files\stdole2.tlb; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile regtypelib; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 7\vb 6 redist files\comcat.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 7\vb 6 redist files\vb5db.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\testcr.exe; DestDir: {app}; Flags: restartreplace sharedfile;

[INI]
    Filename: {app}\TestCR.url; Section: InternetShortcut; Key: URL; String:

[Icons]
    Name: {group}\TestCR; Filename: {app}\TestCR.exe; WorkingDir: {app}
    Name: {group}\{cm:ProgramOnTheWeb, TestCR}; Filename: {app}\TestCR.url
    Name: {group}\{cm:UninstallProgram, TestCR}; Filename: {uninstallexe}

[Run]
    Filename: msiexec.exe; Parameters: "/package {tmp}\CRX_RDC_Redistribution.msi /passive"; WorkingDir: {tmp}; Flags: skipifdoesntexist
    Filename: {app}\TestCR.exe; Description: {cm:LaunchProgram, TestCR}; Flags: nowait postinstall skipifsilent; WorkingDir: {app}

[UninstallDelete]
    Type: files; Name: {app}\TestCR.url

[Registry]

[Code]
    function GetAppFolder(Param: String): String;
    begin
    if InstallOnThisVersion('0,6', '0,0') = irInstall then
    Result := 'C:\Users\Public\' + ExpandConstant('{username}')
    else
    Result := ExpandConstant('{pf}');
    end;

Please post the whole script....

Addicted Member

; ********** Version 7.3 Build 1 Trial
    ; Randem Systems, Inc.
    ; Copyright 2003-2007
    ; Website: http://www.***********
    ; Support: http://www.***********/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi
    ; OS: Windows XP 5.1 build 2600 (Service Pack 2)

; Date: November 16, 2007

; VB Runtime Files Folder: C:\Program Files\Randem Systems\**********\********** 7\VB 6 Redist Files\
    ; Visual Basic Project File (.vbp): C:\Prorgram Files\Test CR Install\TestCR.vbp
    ; Inno Setup Script Output File (.iss): C:\Program Files\Test CR Install\Test.iss
    ; Script Template Files (.tpl): C:\Program Files\Test CR\CR X RDC Redistribution.tpl
    ; : C:\Program Files\Randem Systems\**********\********** 7\Templates\Release.tpl
    ; : C:\Program Files\Randem Systems\**********\********** 7\Templates\VBRuntime.tpl
    ; : C:\Program Files\Randem Systems\**********\********** 7\Templates\Vista.tpl

; ------------------------
    ; References

; Visual Basic For Applications - (MSVBVM60.DLL)
    ; Standard OLE Types - (OLEPRO32.DLL)
    ; OLE Automation - (STDOLE2.TLB)
    ; Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library - (msado15.dll)

; --------------------------
    ; Components

[Setup]
    AppId=TestCR Release

; Taken from VBP Project File Parameters AppName, AppName AppVersion and Company

AppName=TestCR
    AppVerName=TestCR 1.0.0
    AppPublisher=

AppVersion=1.0.0
    VersionInfoVersion=1.0.0
    AllowNoIcons=no
    DefaultGroupName=TestCR
    DefaultDirName={code:GetAppFolder}\TestCR
    AppCopyright=
    PrivilegesRequired=None
    MinVersion=4.0,4.0
    Compression=none

[Tasks]

[Files]
    Source: C:\Program Files\Test CR Install\CRX_RDC_Redistribution.msi; DestDir: "{tmp}"; Flags: nocompression ignoreversion deleteafterinstall
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 7\vb 6 redist files\msvbvm60.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: uninsneveruninstall regserver restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 7\vb 6 redist files\oleaut32.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 7\vb 6 redist files\olepro32.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: uninsneveruninstall regserver restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 7\vb 6 redist files\asycfilt.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 7\vb 6 redist files\stdole2.tlb; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile regtypelib; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 7\vb 6 redist files\comcat.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 7\vb 6 redist files\vb5db.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\testcr.exe; DestDir: {app}; Flags: restartreplace sharedfile;

[INI]

[Icons]

[Run]
    Filename: msiexec.exe; Parameters: "/package {tmp}\CRX_RDC_Redistribution.msi /passive"; WorkingDir: {tmp}; Flags: skipifdoesntexist
    Filename: {app}\TestCR.exe; Description: {cm:LaunchProgram, TestCR}; Flags: nowait postinstall skipifsilent; WorkingDir: {app}

[UninstallDelete]

[Registry]

[code]
    function GetAppFolder(Param: String): String;
    begin
    if InstallOnThisVersion('0,6', '0,0') = irInstall then
    Result := 'C:\Users\Public\' + ExpandConstant('{username}')
    else
    Result := ExpandConstant('{pf}');
    end;

Where are you installing this to? What OS? Does your target machine have the MDAC installed for you are not deploying one...

; Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library - (msado15.dll)

Need MDAC 2.8. Is it already installed. You should deploy it anyway for safety.

BTW: You don't have any CR references in this exe. How could it be using CR???

Also are you using CR X?

Addicted Member

The CR references didnt show in the section but it did put the files in the list to be copied which i removed before compiling. Im using the Virtual PC and it is going onto XP Pro. This is just a simple form to call a CR so there is no need for MDAC, why it shows in the references i dont know. The real program I cant test because I cant VPN into the client but these are the same errors.

Addicted Member

Yes, CR X.

You can't remove the references to CR....The app won't work no matter what you do!!!

Look in your references you will see that a MDAC reference is selected...

Addicted Member

Yes MDAC was in the apps references and just removed them. The CR references are there and I just verified that but not showing in the list when i run **********

Are the CR references checked?

Addicted Member

Yes. Both references are checked being the crviewer.dll, and the craxdrt.dll

Then they should show up in the run... Did you get any errors from the run? Check the error log.

Addicted Member

11/16/2007 11:21:20 PM - Path/File access error - C:\Program Files\Test CR Install\Manifest\

Is all that shows up in the error log

And the run log?

Addicted Member

I did have both the crviewer.dll and crviewer.oca checked and once the crviewer.dll reference was removed(crviewer.oca could not be removed because components were in use), the run showed the crviewer.dll as a reference but still no craxdrt.dll

Why did you remove the references???? You were only supposed to remove them from the script.

You have to re-register them...

Addicted Member

i just removed the reference to try pinpointing why it would not call the references in the run. there are two references for the crviewer, one that has the component to put on the form and the crviewer.dll. with the .oca still referenced, it still is calling for the crviewer.dll in the runs.

post the vbp file...

Addicted Member

Ok, let me try a couple of things within the project itself and i will get back to you.

Addicted Member

Ok, I have assumed the whole time that CR not being loaded on the target machine was acceptable for this application to work. Is this an incorrect assumption? If so, then that is my problem and explains the error, though it doesnt explain why both references are not not being recognized in the ********** run.

Addicted Member

Here is the .vbp

Code:
    Type=Exe
    Reference=*\G{00020430-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}#2.0#0#..\..\..\..\..\..\..\WINDOWS\system32\stdole2.tlb#OLE Automation
    Object={C4847593-972C-11D0-9567-00A0C9273C2A}#8.0#0; crviewer.dll
    Reference=*\G{76691052-244D-4C07-8ECA-9FA4F1A25263}#a.0#0#..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.5\Bin\craxdrt.dll#Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Run Time Library 10.0
    Form=frmFFReport.frm
    Form=frmFFMain.frm
    IconForm="frmFFMain"
    Startup="frmFFMain"
    HelpFile=""
    Title="TestCR"
    ExeName32="TestCR.exe"
    Command32=""
    Name="TestCR"
    HelpContextID="0"
    CompatibleMode="0"
    MajorVer=1
    MinorVer=0
    RevisionVer=0
    AutoIncrementVer=0
    ServerSupportFiles=0
    VersionCompanyName=
    CompilationType=0
    OptimizationType=0
    FavorPentiumPro(tm)=0
    CodeViewDebugInfo=0
    NoAliasing=0
    BoundsCheck=0
    OverflowCheck=0
    FlPointCheck=0
    FDIVCheck=0
    UnroundedFP=0
    StartMode=0
    Unattended=0
    Retained=0
    ThreadPerObject=0
    MaxNumberOfThreads=1
    DebugStartupOption=0

[MS Transaction Server]
    AutoRefresh=1

Addicted Member

Also, when I do put the crviewer.dll and craxdrt.dll into the unsafe list, then they show in the references of the ********** run.

Addicted Member

One issue i was having was in the script:

[Run]
    Filename: msiexec.exe; Parameters: "/package {tmp}\CRX_RDC_Redistribution.msi /passive"; WorkingDir: {tmp};

I needed to remove the "", a big oversight.

After removal of "", it ran its install and proceeded with the CR module. Unfortunately, I am still receiving the same error.

Addicted Member

Should the crviewer.dll be in the system32 folder or does that matter? I noticed on my machine that it was located there and not in the \common files folder where all the other .dll's are being placed.

If you are deploying the msi file you don't need the crviewer.dll file or any othr CR dll/ocx's.

Zip an post your test project.

I have no idea of what you did but this is what I get and the CR references are there:
    Code:
    ; ********** Version 8.0  Build 0
    ; Randem Systems, Inc.
    ; Copyright 2003-2008
    ; Website:  http://www.***********
    ; Support:  http://www.***********/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi

; Date: November 18, 2007

;              VB Runtime Files Folder:   E:\Server Data\Randem\Develop\**********\VB 6 Redist Files\
    ;     Visual Basic Project File (.vbp):   E:\Works\tibor\testcr.vbp
    ; Inno Setup Script Output File (.iss):   E:\Works\tibor\testcr Release.iss

;        References

; Crystal Report Viewer Control - (crviewer.dll)
    ; Crystal Report 8 ActiveX Designer Run Time Library - (craxdrt.dll)

;        Components

[Setup]
    AppId=TestCR Release

AppName=TestCR
    AppVerName=TestCR 1.0.0
    AppPublisher=

AppVersion=1.0.0
    VersionInfoVersion=1.0.0
    AllowNoIcons=no
    DefaultGroupName=TestCR
    DefaultDirName={pf}\TestCR
    AppCopyright=
    PrivilegesRequired=Admin
    MinVersion=4.0,4.0
    Compression=lzma

[Tasks]

[Files]
    Source: e:\server data\randem\develop\**********\vb 6 redist files\msvbvm60.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall regserver restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: e:\server data\randem\develop\**********\vb 6 redist files\oleaut32.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: e:\server data\randem\develop\**********\vb 6 redist files\olepro32.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall regserver restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: e:\server data\randem\develop\**********\vb 6 redist files\asycfilt.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: e:\server data\randem\develop\**********\vb 6 redist files\stdole2.tlb; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile regtypelib; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: e:\server data\randem\develop\**********\vb 6 redist files\comcat.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: e:\server data\randem\develop\**********\vb 6 redist files\vb5db.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: c:\program files\seagate software\viewers\activexviewer\crviewer.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile; 
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\software version control\svc 5.0\craxdrt.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile; 
    Source: e:\works\tibor\testcr.exe; DestDir: {app}; Flags:  restartreplace sharedfile; 

[INI]

[Icons]

[Run]

[UninstallDelete]

[Registry]

And this is what I get when I add those CR files to the Unsafe file list (which they will permanently be added). The references are in both runs...
    Code:
    ; Randem Systems, Inc.
    ; Copyright 2003-2008

;              VB Runtime Files Folder:   E:\Server Data\Randem\Develop\**********\VB 6 Redist Files\

;        References

; Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Run Time Library 10.0 - (craxdrt.dll)

;        Components

[Setup]
    AppId=TestCR Release

AppName=TestCR
    AppVerName=TestCR 1.0.0
    AppPublisher=

AppVersion=1.0.0
    VersionInfoVersion=1.0.0
    AllowNoIcons=no
    DefaultGroupName=TestCR
    AppCopyright=
    PrivilegesRequired=Admin
    MinVersion=4.0,4.0
    Compression=lzma

[Tasks]

[Files]
    Source: e:\server data\randem\develop\**********\vb 6 redist files\msvbvm60.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall regserver restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: e:\server data\randem\develop\**********\vb 6 redist files\oleaut32.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: e:\server data\randem\develop\**********\vb 6 redist files\olepro32.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall regserver restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: e:\server data\randem\develop\**********\vb 6 redist files\asycfilt.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: e:\server data\randem\develop\**********\vb 6 redist files\stdole2.tlb; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile regtypelib; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: e:\server data\randem\develop\**********\vb 6 redist files\comcat.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: e:\server data\randem\develop\**********\vb 6 redist files\vb5db.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall restartreplace sharedfile; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,6
    Source: e:\works\tibor\testcr.exe; DestDir: {app}; Flags:  restartreplace sharedfile; 

[INI]

[Icons]

[Run]

[UninstallDelete]

[Registry]

Addicted Member

this is just a blank app to pop up the CR..nothing really fancy about it. It's just to try to understand how to get CR to install correctly. I apologize for the ignorance but I usually dont mess too much with creating installs and such.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by randem
    And this is what I get when I add those CR files to the Unsafe file list (which they will permanently be added). The references are in both runs...
    Code:
    ; Randem Systems, Inc.
    ; Copyright 2003-2008

;        References

; Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Run Time Library 10.0 - (craxdrt.dll)

;        Components

[Setup]
    AppId=TestCR Release

AppName=TestCR
    AppVerName=TestCR 1.0.0
    AppPublisher=

AppVersion=1.0.0
    VersionInfoVersion=1.0.0
    AllowNoIcons=no
    DefaultGroupName=TestCR
    AppCopyright=
    PrivilegesRequired=Admin
    MinVersion=4.0,4.0
    Compression=lzma

[Tasks]

[Files]

[INI]

[Icons]

[Run]

[UninstallDelete]

[Registry]
    When I place both the crviewer.dll and the craxdrt.dll on the unsafe list, that is when it shows them in the references on the runs. When they are not on the unsafe list, it only shows the crviewer.dll on the runs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast