Thread: Dvd Backups

Dvd Backups

Is there a good software i can use to back up dvds so i can watch them on my laptop computer?

Re: Dvd Backups

You mean a software to copy data from DVD to HDD or another DVD. I know only two best software in my experience.

One is isobuster, it is smart to copy data avoiding scratch and all other damages.

Magic DVD Riper is the other one. There you can organized the backup in smart way. Either you can copy fully disk or wanted part avoiding unwanted subtitle and stuff. More options are there.

At the time I don't have links to put here. Just Google them.
    “victory breeds hatred, the defeated live in pain; happily the peaceful live giving up victory and defeat” - Gautama Buddha

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

autogk

Quote Originally Posted by yyiiyyii
    Is there a good software i can use to back up dvds so i can watch them on my laptop computer?
    dvd shrink

i just ran my svideo out to my capture card input and record them using movie maker. Video for isdn is a great balance setting and it is like a megabyte every minute.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Orwell
    i just ran my svideo out to my capture card input and record them using movie maker.

Are you use the Movie Maker to create *.mpg files. It takes a long time to convert in to such format. So, have you use any alternative way to do it in shorter period.
    “victory breeds hatred, the defeated live in pain; happily the peaceful live giving up victory and defeat” - Gautama Buddha

makes wma files.

Too bad, why I've forget it. Thanks.

what do you mean "too bad"? WMA files are smaller.

what do you mean "too bad"?
    It's about me. I've make a mistake here, the default format of making a movie clip using Movie Maker is WMA. When making a clip, it gives all the details, isn't it?

i am pretty sure it is the ONLY format it supports but you can convert them. not sure what you mean by all the details.

What I'm saying is that, after create a clip and saving it using Save Movie Wizard, on the third step gives all the setting details and movie file size. Just think about resources(images, audio clips, etc) used we can get a rough idea about the space need for the final product. And it is true, WMV is the only format I can use.

no you dont use that part of hte program at all to record from an input. there's an "capture from video device" button and you can turn off clips creation. it saves it to file as it is recording it. you choose the settings before you hit record. I have actually got detail for a cartoon series i record down so i recorded 4 hours of it and it took up 100mb

no you dont use that part of hte program at all to record from an input. there's an "capture from video device" button and you can turn off clips creation.

So, I need a capture card to do this. If I don't have?

yes you need one. otherwise you need dvd decoder software which you also have to pay for.

yes you need one. otherwise you need dvd decoder software which you also have to pay for.

Thanks. Easy to use capture card

you also need a s-video output on your video card.

I'm not clear that, why there should be a s-video output.

because that is the signal you are recording with the svideo input on the capture card.

But it is only need if I use external audio for my video clip, is that right?

a video capture card can only record external signals. if you want to do it without a card you MUST invest in ripping software.