Thread: [VB+DX8] Ninja blob - The Game

[VB+DX8] Ninja blob - The Game

[movieadvertvoice]
    You are a blob, with ninja abilities, you must fight your way to freedom...

Get to the flag avoiding the many traps your nemisis has set for you...

Ninja blob - The Game

[/movieadvertvoice]

Basically its a 2D action platformer. The controls are simply W,A,D (for jump, left and right respectively). Just Don't press 'm' (It takes you to the map maker, if you do, press space bar to return to the game). There tonnes of mapmaker keys and a manual is included in the zip. If you do not have VB6 then I have included an exe in there too. Feel free to improve my pathetic art made in paint on a laptop with a touchpad.

Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If what I said was helpful, give me rep!

My Complete Games: -- 2D Zone (Space Shooter game) || _2D Zone 2_ || Ninja Blob (2D platformer) || Dren (Co-op up to 4 player base defence game)

My Projects: -- The Dread Engine (2D VB game Engine) || A* Path Finding

An excellent site for learning DirectX7, 8 & 9 (for VB6, C# & VB.net) would be: directx4vb.vbgamer.com --- For my projects and games see: pieper.freehostia.com

Re: [VB+DX8] Ninja blob - The Game

I've played 2 of your other games, and really enjoyed 2D-Zone, but this is your best so far. More levels would be nice though! :P
    Only thing I've noticed with your games is that you never seem to have any 'walls' at the edge of screen. On level 3 i just jumped up and to the left at the start.

Re: [VB+DX8] Ninja blob - The Game

Thanks,

There is a level editor included if anyone wants to give it a shot. Instructions are in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by metalmidget
    Only thing I've noticed with your games is that you never seem to have any 'walls' at the edge of screen. On level 3 i just jumped up and to the left at the start.
    Me and my walls . On level 3 I going to be really evil and make the purple door really small so that you had to use it to get up.

The most evil level was techno (the last one) as I hoped people would use the teleporters

Wooh, after reading what you said about the walls I understand what you mean. Basically when I was developing it I made it so that if you left the area you died (including the top bit). This was really frustrating as you could not control your jump.
    If what I said was helpful, give me rep!

My Complete Games: -- 2D Zone (Space Shooter game) || _2D Zone 2_ || Ninja Blob (2D platformer) || Dren (Co-op up to 4 player base defence game)

My Projects: -- The Dread Engine (2D VB game Engine) || A* Path Finding

An excellent site for learning DirectX7, 8 & 9 (for VB6, C# & VB.net) would be: directx4vb.vbgamer.com --- For my projects and games see: pieper.freehostia.com