Thread: My fighting game [EXE]

My fighting game [EXE]

[]This is my first game, and it is REALLY simple. It is a graphicsless fighting game which i call "Fight" (For now, at least)

There are intructions in the game, too. Basically, you just pick out one of three bots to fight:

Bob-Easy
    James-Intermediate
    Captain-HARD

-or-

You can make your own custom bot, by selecting CUSTOM BOT, on the list menu. This will take you to an editor, where you can pick all of the bot's stats.

Then you go to the main window, and fight. lol. I suck at descriptions >.<.

Any feedback is appreciated .[/s]

GAME ERRORS BEING ADDRESSED ATM.
    Last edited by Seismosaur; Aug 14th, 2007 at 07:49 PM.

Re: My fighting game [EXE]

Dude, I got an error. I don't use 2005 so I may not have the required files to run your program. You should consider finding out what files needs to accompany your program. I'm attaching a pic of the error.
    Last edited by drivenbywhat; Jan 31st, 2010 at 12:42 PM.
    [vb5 & starting to move to vb2008] I appreciate the help I get from everyone. Thank you.

****, ok. I'll try to fix that...

Okay, after downloading the .NET framework 2.0 your game worked. A couple of suggestions:

After you input the player's name and click to start the game, it's really annoying to have a msgbox popup to tell me the game is starting. Duh, I already know that. After all, I did click start. LOL.

The second biggest comment, be more descriptive. I was lost in your game. I lost in like 5 moves. Where does it say how much health one loses? Is it just random? Without knowing that, it's not very fun just guessing how much health you will lose.
    [vb5 & starting to move to vb2008] I appreciate the help I get from everyone. Thank you.

I hope you realise that a few small amount of people will actually download and play your game. Almost every single member of these forums will not download an executable. Provide source code for more feedback.

chem

Visual Studio 6, Visual Studio.NET 2005, MASM

Quote Originally Posted by drivenbywhat
    Okay, after downloading the .NET framework 2.0 your game worked. A couple of suggestions:

After you input the player's name and click to start the game, it's really annoying to have a msgbox popup to tell me the game is starting. Duh, I already know that. After all, I did click start. LOL.

The second biggest comment, be more descriptive. I was lost in your game. I lost in like 5 moves. Where does it say how much health one loses? Is it just random? Without knowing that, it's not very fun just guessing how much health you will lose.
    Wait, the msgbox is still there? >.< I thought i got rid of it... lol. Erm, the second part is in the Richtextbox, lol. It tells you how much damage you did, and how much damage your opponent did. It is SORTA random.

Yeah I saw the 2nd textbox but like I said, if it's random, it's not really fun because you don't know what to expect and in a game like this, you want to know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by drivenbywhat
    Yeah I saw the 2nd textbox but like I said, if it's random, it's not really fun because you don't know what to expect and in a game like this, you want to know what to expect.
    I think i see what you're getting at. Lol, this is only the second version.

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalNova
    I hope you realise that a few small amount of people will actually download and play your game. Almost every single member of these forums will not download an executable. Provide source code for more feedback.

chem
    Yes, i realize this. But as long as i have at least 1 person, that is good enough.

Fanatic Member

screenshots first?

Sure. Err... How do you make screenshots? >.<

Fanatic Member

print screen button? then paist into paint. ::falls of chair::

use your PRNTSCRN key on your keyboard. Normally, it is on the top row. Then PASTE in PAINT or other graphics program.

Quote Originally Posted by psychotomus
    print screen button? then paist into paint. ::falls of chair::
    Lol, neither of you are going to believe me, but, my print screen doesn't work... :-\. Is there any other way that you know of?

Yeah but it's a hassle. Option 1, you could make a screen capture program. Option 2, there are programs already made to do this so you could just download one.

Please try CamStudio