Thread: [2005] closereason.userclosing

Hybrid View

[2005] closereason.userclosing

Hello all

Code:
      Private Sub newsheet_wizard_page1_FormClosing(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.FormClosingEventArgs) Handles MyBase.FormClosing

If e.CloseReason = CloseReason.UserClosing Then
                mainmenu.Show()
            End If

End Sub
    I have tried using this to run code when the little X button is pressed, whih does work. But on each form i have it there is also an next button, and when it is pushed the form it is on closes qand opens a new one. When the user pushes this button, the code still manages to run. Is there another easy way i can do this?

Thanks

Re: [2005] closereason.userclosing

You can not seggagate the difference between the user closing the form and programmatically closing th eform.

The FormClosing and FormClosed events are raised when a Form is closed, either through user action or programmatically. Handlers for these events receive parameters of type FormClosingEventArgs and FormClosedEventArgs, respectively. Both of these event argument classes use the CloseReason enumeration.
    What you can do is create a public property in a global class or module that you would set the boolean property of how its being closed.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6