dcsimg

Thread: VBTools AddIn - Auto indent VB code !

Threaded View

PowerPoster

VBTools AddIn - Auto indent VB code !

This is an Add-In I made that will show as a Toolbar in the VB IDE:

The first button (and most usefull) will auto indent the currently opened code window.
    For example, you could have code like this:

After you click the auto indent button, it will be like this:

The second button displays the procedure list:

I use the procure list to have a "preview" on what is in the selected code window. When you double click on a line, it will jump to that window, and also to the line number where the procedure starts.
    If you press "Ctrl+F", it will add the selected procedure to the "Favourites", you can add to favourites from any code window, and when you double click it will move the cursor to that procedure.

I wanted to add more features, like adding line numbers, error control (but with more features/options than MZ-Tools), and also to remove uneccessary blank lines or add blank lines when there are none, but I never had the time to do it yet, so I thought to just post what I have until now, and I will update the post when I have a new version.

Please post (tell me) when something is wrong, especially with the auto indenting code (if it does not indent properly).

To get it to work, first compile the code, then add the add-in in the IDE from the "Add-In Manager"
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CVMichael; Jul 18th, 2007 at 08:35 AM.