dcsimg

Thread: mods/admins

mods/admins

why do you guys keep deleting posts and locking threads that don't violate the AUP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinLiss
    "I decided to delete a few posts from this thread since they were off-topic"
    Wonderful. YOU decided. Not the AUP which is what SHOULD be deciding

Re: mods/admins

*cough* *cough*

You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any Forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding").
    -AUP
    Rate posts that helped you. I do not reply to PM's with coding questions.
    How to Get Your Questions Answered
    Current project: tunaOS
    Me on.. BitBucket, Google Code, Github (pretty empty)

Erm... directly from the AUP:
    You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic...
    Whether you like it or not (as you have been reminded a few times, including in a sticky thread that was in this forum a while back), this includes this particular forum.

If you want chat threads that are explicitly 'without a topic', that is fine (and often happens), but you need to respect other peoples threads that have topics.

Quote Originally Posted by timeshifter
    why do you guys keep deleting posts and locking threads that don't violate the AUP?

You are not an admin. Deal with it. I'd love to delete this thread right now. But I can't
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar

Moderators are an anthropomorphized version of the AUP.

Lies.

I know for a fact that at least one of them is not fully human. Well, an ex-moderator anyway.
    I use VB 6, VB.Net 2003 and Office 2010

Code:
    Excel Graphing | Excel Timer | Excel Tips and Tricks | Add controls in Office | Data tables in Excel | Gaussian random number distribution (VB6/VBA,VB.Net) | Coordinates, Vectors and 3D volumes

Quote Originally Posted by zaza
    Lies.

I know for a fact that at least one of them is not fully human. Well, an ex-moderator anyway.
    Hey I come back to see wots going on n see this, hope its not me u mean lol.......highly dought it
    When your thread has been resolved please edit the original post in the thread ()
    and amend "-[RESOLVED]-" to the end of the title and change the icon to , Thank you.

When posting Code use the [VBCode]Code Here[/VBCode] tags to be able to use the code highlighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Electroman
    Hey I come back to see wots going on n see this, hope its not me u mean lol.......highly dought it
    Welcome back. Do you have a permanent connection yet?
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

just when threads start getting interesting... dang it.... what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by visualAd
    Welcome back. Do you have a permanent connection yet?
    Yea lol, broke up with the fiancee so had to move back into my dads (with broadband) but bought my own house now so wen I move in I'll be back to square 1 cos don't think I'll be able to afford broadband by myself straight away
    When your thread has been resolved please edit the original post in the thread ()
    and amend "-[RESOLVED]-" to the end of the title and change the icon to , Thank you.

When posting Code use the [VBCode]Code Here[/VBCode] tags to be able to use the code highlighting.

Yea lol, broke up with the fiancee so had to move back into my dads (with broadband) but bought my own house now so wen I move in I'll be back to square 1 cos don't think I'll be able to afford broadband by myself straight away
    VBF will always be there for you

We seem to be going off-topic here - where Marty

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

I've told you a thousand times.
    Of course we decide. That's our job.
    The AUP exists to give us provision to do that.

As Si said, we don't mind about threads without topics (e.g. Post Race, Golden Chair et al.) but threads that have clearly stated topics should remain on topic. (Unless, of course, the thread starter decides otherwise.)
    This is just common courtesy and respect.

If at any point you disagree with the actions of a moderator or administrator of this site, please feel free to take it up with them privately.

P.S. We could remove off-topic posts from this thread, but since you don't seem to mind going off-topic...

P.P.S. Hi Electroman. Long time no see.

Fanatic Member

Moderate this!

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

That is a job for the Good Taste Police™, not me.

type Woss is new Grumpy; wossname's Avatar

Greetings. Nice to see an old face again.
    I don't live here any more.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar

Nobody talks about you.

TS been stirring the pot again huh.... lol nice
    JPnyc rocks!! (Just ask him!)
    If u have your answer please go to the thread tools and click "Mark Thread Resolved"

What more would you expect from me? Rather... what less...