Thread: [RESOLVED] How can we change the value of a BoundField of Gridview

Hybrid View

Resolved [RESOLVED] How can we change the value of a BoundField of Gridview

Hi all,
    How can we change the value of a BoundField of Gridview like I have password field in table user_Information and I am storing password in encrypted form. My problem is that when I use following format, the Password field show those password in Encrypted form(i.e. stored in table) but I want to show them in decrypted form.
    I don't know is it possible or not, if yes please let me know.thanks in advance

Code:
     <asp:GridView ID="GVUser" runat="server"    Width="976px" AutoGenerateColumns="False" CellPadding="1" ForeColor="#333333" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" CellSpacing="1"    Font-Names="Arial" Font-Size="9pt" HorizontalAlign="Left"  ToolTip='"Rack Master"' OnPageIndexChanging="GVUser_PageIndexChanging" OnSelectedIndexChanging="GVUser_SelectedIndexChanging" OnSorting="GVUser_Sorting" DataKeyNames="User_ID" DataSourceID="AccessDataSource1" >
                  <FooterStyle BackColor="#5D7B9D" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />
                  <Columns>
                      <asp:BoundField DataField="User_ID" HeaderText="ID" ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="User_ID" />
                      <asp:BoundField DataField="User_Name" HeaderText="Name" SortExpression="User_Name" />
                      <asp:BoundField DataField="Designation" HeaderText="Designation" SortExpression="Designation" />
                      <asp:BoundField DataField="Fathername" HeaderText="Father's Name" SortExpression="Fathername" />
                      <asp:BoundField DataField="DOB" HeaderText="D.O.B." SortExpression="DOB"  DataFormatString="{0:dd-MMM-yyyy}" HtmlEncode="False">
                          <ItemStyle Wrap="False" />
                      </asp:BoundField>
                      <asp:BoundField DataField="Address" HeaderText="Address" SortExpression="Address" />
                      <asp:BoundField DataField="Identity_Mark" HeaderText="Identity Mark" SortExpression="Identity_Mark" />
                      <asp:BoundField DataField="Category" HeaderText="Category" SortExpression="Category" />
                      <asp:BoundField DataField="User_Password" HeaderText="Password" SortExpression="User_Password" HtmlEncode="False" />
                      <asp:BoundField DataField="Rights" HeaderText="Rights" SortExpression="Rights" />
                      <asp:BoundField DataField="bajrang" HeaderText="bajrang" SortExpression="" />
                      <asp:CommandField ButtonType="Image" SelectImageUrl="~/images/icon-edit.gif" ShowSelectButton="True" />

</Columns>
                  <RowStyle BackColor="#F7F6F3" ForeColor="#333333" />
                  <SelectedRowStyle BackColor="#E2DED6" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="#333333" />
                  <PagerStyle BackColor="#284775" ForeColor="White" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                  <HeaderStyle BackColor="#5D7B9D" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" BorderStyle="Ridge" BorderWidth="1px" HorizontalAlign="Center" VerticalAlign="Middle" />
                  <AlternatingRowStyle BackColor="White" ForeColor="#284775" />
                 <EditRowStyle BackColor="#999999" />
    </asp:GridView>
    Using .NET 3.5 (VS 2008) And XP SP2

Re: How can we change the value of a BoundField of Gridview

Yes, in the RowDataBoundEvent of the GridView, grab the Text of the relevant cell and change it to your text.

How to decrypt it?? Then you need to tell us what encryption technique you are using and what code you are using??

Just a typo
    Code:
    //using C#

protected void myGridView_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e)
    {
         If (e.Row.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow)
        {
            e.Cells[8].Text = DecryptPassword(e.Cells[8].Text);
            // I assumed 8 because it seems to be the column number in your code
        }
    }

private string DecryptPassword(string encryptedPassword)
    {
        //your code here to return decrypted password
    }
    Show Appreciation. Rate Posts.

Re: How can we change the value of a BoundField of Gridview

Thanks Harsh.
    You solved my problem. Thanks again
    Using .NET 3.5 (VS 2008) And XP SP2