Thread: [Resolved] Error -2147024769 "Method '~' of object '~' failed"...Help!!!

Addicted Member

[Resolved] Error -2147024769 "Method '~' of object '~' failed"...Help!!!

Help needed,
    until yesterday everything was ok with every application I use, from today I got the error Error -2147024769
    "Method '~' of object '~' failed" on connecting database procedure. I’ve tried to reinstall sp6 for vb6 mdac 2.8 and Jet 4.0 but nothing the error is the same again and again… I can’t use any application with database connection (oracle & Access). Any clue on this?
    Last edited by alazarou; Jun 18th, 2007 at 12:20 PM. Reason: resolved

Giants World Champs!!!! Mark Gambo's Avatar

Re: Error -2147024769 "Method '~' of object '~' failed"...Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alazarou
    Help needed,
    until yesterday everything was ok with every application I use, from today I got the error Error -2147024769
    "Method '~' of object '~' failed" on connecting database procedure. I’ve tried to reinstall sp6 for vb6 mdac 2.8 and Jet 4.0 but nothing the error is the same again and again… I can’t use any application with database connection (oracle & Access). Any clue on this?

Did you try your backup copy of your application to ensure that the copy that you were using was corrupted before reinstalling VBE et al?
    Regards,

Mark

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful. Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post". Please use [highlight='vb'] your code goes in here [/highlight] tags when posting code. When a question you asked has been resolved, please go to the top of the original post and click "Thread Tools" then select "Mark Thread Resolved."

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Where there any changes made to the database(s) in question over the weekend?

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hack
    Where there any changes made to the database(s) in question over the weekend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gambo
    Did you try your backup copy of your application to ensure that the copy that you were using was corrupted before reinstalling VBE et al?
    No changes made, specially on the access database because its local.
    About the corrupt app there is no issue, I reinstall the app on my pc and I got the same error , I install it on an other pc and everything was ok.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Ahhh...so this is happening only on your PC? Is that correct?

What changes have been made to your PC since they were last functioning? Have you installed anything new? Did your IT department push any new software out to the company?

Addicted Member

I don't know why but the mdac 2.8 installed by the IT department during the weekend messed up everything (I think was a sp2 installation try). I use the CC.exe (component checker) tool from Microsoft to fix the mismatched files and values from registry.
    The strange was that I try to setup the mdac 2.8 manually , everything installed ok but when I used the cc.exe, several mismatched values showed up.
    Thanks for your replies .