This is sort of a philosophical question : is VB6 "going away" due to lack of MSFT support and their vision for ".NET" ? I've heard that migrating to VB.NET from a learning perspective is pretty tough, but I'd also like to know about features and performance.
1) Is app. development in VB6 a "dead-end" ?
2) Can VB.NET create native DLL's and ActiveX DLL's like VB6 ?
3) Does the code run as fast with VB.NET as VB6 compiled code ?
4) Is it worth the effort to learn VB.NET or should one just start from scratch and learn C# ?
5) What about all of this .NET "interopt" crap I keep hearing about and the "managed" DLL environment ? Is this a pain or performance burden ?