Thread: mouse dropping off screen [RESOLVED]

mouse dropping off screen [RESOLVED]

I'm having an unusual problem. I just formatted my hard drive and installed Windows XP Pro. All my drivers are updated. My problem is my mouse moves off the right side of the screen. No other side. I've tried adjusting, but the desktop ends where it is supposed to, but the mouse does not stop there. Any ideas?
    Last edited by wolfrose; Mar 13th, 2007 at 01:22 PM.

Re: mouse dropping off screen

Which type of mouse are you use... Optical, Opti-mechanical?

If it is optical clean the bulb under the mouse. Used a soft wool cloth for that.

If it is a opti-mechanical remove the mouse ball and wash it using pure water. Brush smoothly all the wheels as well. Then fix the ball. Make sure that before fix the ball it should dried-up well.

Try those things. May be your problem can solve.
    “victory breeds hatred, the defeated live in pain; happily the peaceful live giving up victory and defeat” - Gautama Buddha

No, that didn't fix it. I've also found out that the screen saver also goes off the screen. I use the time with 3D Text. It disappears off the right side of the screen too, and it doesn't go all the way over to the left side. The mouse does, but the screen saver does not. I'm thinking of doing the full XP Repair, but don't want to do that just yet since I just installed it.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

Sounds like a dual desktop setup although you only have one screen connected?

Have you looked in Display Properties, Settings to see that there is only one desktop listed there?

I agreed with penagate,

As he said dual screen may be caused your issue. Since your Screen Server goes off, it can be due to the dual screen.
    “victory breeds hatred, the defeated live in pain; happily the peaceful live giving up victory and defeat” - Gautama Buddha

when you maximise a program does it also go off screen?
    -=PATRICK=-
    Using Visual Basic .NET 2005

If you found a post useful then please Rate it!

Hidden DOS secret: add BUGS=OFF to your CONFIG.SYS
    A program is a device used to convert data into error messages.
    Programmer's Drinking Song: 99 programming bugs in the code/99 programing bugs/Fix one bug/compile it again/now there's 100 bugs in the code! (repeat until bugs==0)
    All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?

Excellent Penagate! I was just on here and thought I would check this thread since I lost internet for a few months due to moving. I did indeed have 2 monitors set up. I don't know why since I didn't set it up that way.