Utility: Viewer for downloaded Private Message files
Title: Private Message Viewer
Description: Allows Private Messages that you have downloaded in XML format to be viewed in a form very similar to what you see when you view a PM in VB Forums
- PMs from all VB Forums PM folders appear merged in date order
- PMs can be searched by date and/or Member Name and/or content
- One by one PM navigation or jump to first or last PM
- Words selected by content are highlighted
- Multiple download files to be opened and duplicates caused by overlapping downloads are eliminated
- The viewed PM can by exported to a file in plain text or Rich Text format
- Corrected non-animation of animated smilies where there is a non-animated one in the PM.
- Corrected error caused when total length of filenames exceeded 256
- Added ability to export to XML. This is mostly for me in that someone who finds a problem with the tool can export the PM and send it to me so I can check it out.
- Added ability to print the current PM
- Added right-click popup that displays hidden URLs
- Added selection by folder name
- Added save window position user option
- Added animate/not animate smilies user option
- Added VB code formatting user option. This let's you view VB code as God intended.
- Added display of selected file name(s)
- Added ability to translate/not translate smilies in a given PM
- Changed member name selection to a dropdown list list rather than manual input
- At some point vBulletin changed the structure of the XML download file and this version now handles both file structures
- Added ability to jump to a particular PM number
- Speeded up the loading of the PM records
- Added ToolTips
- When the To name in the PM consists of multiple names I added the ability to find the PM using any of the names in addition to the multiple-name string
- The program now saves the path to the last used XML file folder
- Added a tooltip-like display that shows all the PM file names selected if they don't all fit in the area of the form designed to show the names
- Made it unnecessary to click a button after the files are loaded and also changed UI a bit as a part of that change
- Added support for Indent tags
- Added support for Thread and Post tags
- Added support for Code tags
- Added support for Noparse tags
- Added wildcard and multiple-word ability to the Search By Content option along with a Help button that explains how to use it.
- Changed Date/Time display and added folder name to display
- Corrected a problem that occurred when smilies were right next to each other
- Corrected a problem with some color names
- Corrected a problem with default, yellow, highlighting
- Corrected a problem with the loading of the PM records
- Corrected a problem with some URL links
- Corrected and improved the formatting of quotes (thank you dilettante)
- Corrected bolding and underlining problems
- Changed the source location for one of the application's classes so that the code can be compiled by someone other than me
Screen-shots: See below
Author Name: Martin Liss Note: This program would not have been possible without the help of VB Forum members, especially the excellent rich text code samples and assistance of moeur, and for V 1.3 the help given me by dilettante.
1)You are of course free to make changes to the code, but if you want to do that you should first go to Project|Private_Message_Viewer Properties|Make and change the Conditional Compilation Arguments from Testing = 0 to Testing = 1. The value of 1 indicates to the app that you are testing and that subclassing should be turned off, otherwise the app may crash VB after certain errors occur. In order to be able to compile the app you'll need to change it back to Testing = 0.
2) I've attached both code and installation package zip files.