Thread: Just Basic

Just Basic

Has anyone here ever tried Just Basic? I found it to be a great compiler for a beginning programmer to learn on. It teaches BASIC syntax, plus it comes with a very good tutorial and a free form gui creator that will have even a total beginner writing windows programs in no time. Best of all, its free. Also, there is an extensive online community devoted to the use of Just Basic as a programming tool. I am a member of that community, and I have written numerous apps with Just Basic, and frequent the forums quite often. While it lacks the power of api calls, it has a very good turtle and sprite engine, which can be fun to use. For the hobbyist or beginning programmer, it should be considered a valuable programming tool. If you are interested, you can visit the Brian M's Just BASIC Site link in my sig, it will take you to the download page. I really have fun writing programs with this compiler. But, as this is only my opinion, maybe you should check it out and form your own.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

Re: Just Basic

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M
    I found it to be a great compiler for a beginning programmer to learn on.
    Brian M found Brian M's product good and decided to spread the word? Who would have thought!

Oh no, it not my product! I'm just a fan of it. The creator of Just Basic is Carl Grundel. I just thought I'd post it here, because of its educational and recreational potential. In case someone who is new to programming came through here looking for a good starting compiler, and I wanted to see if anyone else on this forum used it.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

Fair enough; that's a bit clearer.