Thread: [RESOLVED] "Runtime error '430' class does not support Automation or does not support expected..

Lively Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] "Runtime error '430' class does not support Automation or does not support expected..

Dear friends,

I am enhancing my company current system in VB. I tried to install the new system in client pc for testing. after succesful installation, when I tried to start to run one of the module after log in, they showed an error message as follows:

"Runtime error '430' class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface"

I found certain solution from website, they suggested to un-register the dll and re-register. between, i never register any dll or exe through regsvr32. For this case, is the dll still is the cause for the error?

If anyone can help me, I am very thankful for that.

Anatasia

PowerPoster

Re: "Runtime error '430' class does not support Automation or does not support expected..

what program are you trying to automate?
    what is your code
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Re: "Runtime error '430' class does not support Automation or does not support expect

How did yo install your app that it did not register your dlls correctly. What did you use to package your app.

Lively Member

Re: "Runtime error '430' class does not support Automation or does not support expected..

I use Package and deployment Wizard to package my app

Re: "Runtime error '430' class does not support Automation or does not support expect

You are probably missing some dependencies. Did this app ever work?

You might want to try a different installer to see if you come up with the same errors.

Lively Member

Yes, i found to lost some preferences, but after i add it, all the command button lost in my project. the error message in the log file as:
    Line 57: Class FlatButton.XFlatButton of control cmdSearch was not a loaded control class.

I noticed the 'XFlatbutton' which i used for my command button did not selected in the project component and also it does not allowed me to add in. The message prompted me:
    'Name conflicts with existing module, project, or object library' when i select the component.

Several reasons may exist.

1 - Your VBP file has an invalid folder pointer to the component or reference.
    2 - CLSID's are incorrect in your VBP file (Since it was moved from a different machine).

If you want I could look at your whole project but you would have to zip everything and FTP it to me. I can setup an account for you to use on one of our servers. Let me know.

try uninstall and reinstall the flatbutton control might help you...
    If an answer to your question has been helpful, then please, Rate it!

Have done Projects in Access and Member management systems using BioMetric devices, Smart cards and BarCodes.

Lively Member

i tried to uninstall and reinstall the Flatbutton component. The is no error occur when i debugging. I packaged the project by 'Package and deployment wizard' and install the system into client pc. When i run the system on client's pc, the message prompted me as:

"Runtime error '430' class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface"

seems that the previous problem never been solved and appear again.

You may not have all of the dependencies needed. PDW will not find all of them.

Lively Member

ok, i will double check again. Thanks..

I checked your PDW installation and you are missing 90% of the files your app needs to run. It will NEVER install correctly that way. Here is something I created and a lot of these files were not on my computer, but you should see from my list and your list in PDW there is an amazing differenct in the files that are supposed to be included. You never included your database or your rpt files in the PDW setup amonst other things.

Code:
    ; ********** Version 5.3  Build 7
    ; Randem Systems, Inc.
    ; Copyright 2003-2006
    ; website:  http://www.***********
    ; support:  http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi

; Date: September 19, 2006

;                VB Runtime Files Folder:   C:\Program Files\Randem Systems\**********\********** 5.3\VB 6 Redist Files\
    ; Visual Basic Group Project File (.vbg):   C:\Work\anatasia\Synfab\Synfab System\Group1.vbg
    ;   Inno Setup Script Output File (.iss):   C:\Work\anatasia\Synfab\Scripts\Group1.vbg

; ------------------------
    ;        References
    ; ------------------------

; Visual Basic runtime objects and procedures - (MSVBVM60.DLL)
    ; Standard OLE Types - (OLEPRO32.DLL)
    ; OLE Automation - (STDOLE2.TLB)
    ; Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library - (msado25.tlb)
    ; Crystal Reports 8.5 ActiveX Designer Design and Runtime Library - (craxddrt.dll)
    ; Crystal Reports 8.5 ActiveX Designer Run Time Library - (craxdrt.dll)
    ; Microsoft Data Environment Instance 1.0 (SP4) - (MSDERUN.DLL)
    ; User Security - ActiveX Dll - (prjCUsrSec)
    ; Utilities Component - (prjUKirin)
    ; Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library - (msado21.tlb)
    ; APEX True DBContainer3D 6.0 - (ticon3d6.oca)
    ; APEX True DBNumber 6.0 - (tinumb6.oca)
    ; APEX True DBTime 6.0 - (titime6.oca)
    ; APEX True DBMask 6.0 - (timask6.oca)
    ; APEX True DBCalendar 6.0 - (ticaldr6.oca)
    ; APEX True DBNumber Lite 6.0 - (tinumbl6.oca)
    ; APEX True DBDate 6.0 - (tidate6.oca)
    ; APEX True DBText 6.0 - (titext6.oca)
    ; Microsoft Data Formatting Object Library 6.0 (SP4) - (MSSTDFMT.DLL)
    ; Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library - (dao360.dll)
    ; Crystal Report Viewer Control - (crviewer.dll)
    ; Seagate Crystal Reports Web Report Broker - (swebrs.dll)
    ; Seagate Software Crystal Query Viewer 2.0 Type Library - (xqviewer.dll)
    ; Microsoft DHTML Page Runtime Library 1.0 - (MSHTMPGR.DLL)
    ; Microsoft HTML Object Library - (mshtml.tlb)
    ; Microsoft Shell Controls And Automation - (SHELL32.dll)
    ; Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library - (MSADO15.DLL)

; --------------------------
    ;        Components
    ; --------------------------

; Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6) - (MSCOMCTL.OCX)
    ; Microsoft Tabbed Dialog Control 6.0 (SP5) - (TABCTL32.OCX)
    ; Microsoft Common Dialog Control 6.0 (SP6) - (comdlg32.ocx)
    ; Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0 (SP2) - (comctl32.ocx)
    ; Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0 (SP4) - (mscomct2.ocx)
    ; Microsoft Comm Control 6.0 - (MSCOMM32.OCX)
    ; Microsoft Windows Common Controls-3 6.0 (SP5) - (COMCT332.OCX)
    ; Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 5.0 (SP2) - (COMCT232.OCX)

[Setup]
    AppName=PrjMain
    AppVerName=PrjMain 1.0.0
    AppPublisher=LLTAN
    AppVersion=1.0.0
    VersionInfoVersion=1.0.0
    AllowNoIcons=yes
    DefaultGroupName=
    DefaultDirName={pf}\
    AppCopyright=
    PrivilegesRequired=Admin
    MinVersion=4.0,4.0sp6
    Compression=lzma
    OutputBaseFilename=Synfab System100Release

[Tasks]

[Files]
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 5.3\vb 6 redist files\msvbvm60.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  sharedfile
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 5.3\vb 6 redist files\oleaut32.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  sharedfile
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 5.3\vb 6 redist files\olepro32.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  sharedfile
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 5.3\vb 6 redist files\asycfilt.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  sharedfile
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 5.3\vb 6 redist files\stdole2.tlb; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regtypelib
    Source: c:\program files\randem systems\**********\********** 5.3\vb 6 redist files\comcat.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  sharedfile
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\database\synfabdb.mdb; DestDir: {app}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\resource\sibsapps.res; DestDir: {app}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: c:\program files\common files\system\ado\msado25.tlb; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall regtypelib
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjmain\package\support\craxddrt.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  sharedfile
    Source: c:\program files\seagate software\report designer component\craxdrt.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: c:\program files\common files\designer\msderun.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjcsecurity\prjcusrsec; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjcutil\prjcutil; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjukirin\prjukirin; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjadmin\prjadmin; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjmain\package\support\flatbutton.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjmain\package\support\mscomctl.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjmain\package\support\vbaliml6.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjmain\package\support\vballbar6.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjmain\package\support\tabctl32.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjmain\package\support\comdlg32.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjmain\package\support\comctl32.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjmain\package\support\vbalgrid6.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjmain\synfab system.exe; DestDir: {app}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: ticon3d6.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: tinumb6.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: titime6.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: timask6.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: ticaldr6.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: tinumbl6.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: tidate6.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: titext6.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: mscomct2.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: ssa3d30.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: vslight6.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: mscomm32.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: comct332.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: comct232.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: c:\program files\common files\system\ado\msado21.tlb; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall regtypelib
    Source: ticon3d6.oca; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: tinumb6.oca; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: titime6.oca; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: timask6.oca; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: ticaldr6.oca; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: tinumbl6.oca; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: tidate6.oca; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: titext6.oca; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjsadmin\prjsadmin; DestDir: {app}; Flags:  ignoreversion
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjmain\package\support\crviewer.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: ieframe.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  sharedfile
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjmain\package\support\prjcreport.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  sharedfile
    Source: c:\program files\seagate software\viewers\activexviewer\swebrs.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: c:\program files\xqviewer.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: crdesignerctrl.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  sharedfile
    Source: c:\program files\common files\designer\mshtmpgr.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: mshtml.tlb; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  uninsneveruninstall regtypelib
    Source: sssplt30.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver sharedfile
    Source: crpaig80.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  sharedfile
    Source: c:\work\anatasia\synfab\synfab system\prjmain\package\support\sscsdk80.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  sharedfile
    Source: c:\program files\common files\msado15.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:  regserver restartreplace sharedfile
    Source: C:\Work\anatasia\Synfab\Synfab System\Crystal Report\*.*; DestDir: {app}\Crystal Report; Flags: ignoreversion

[INI]
    Filename: {app}\Synfab System.url; Section: InternetShortcut; Key: URL; String: 

[Run]

[UninstallDelete]
    Type: files; Name: {app}\Synfab System.url

Lively Member

re-checked the the preferences... same as my backup file. can't find any problem. but one things very weird is. last time when i do compilation, it'll automatically detect the location path, but now a day, it run out to other location path. this situation was not occur in my another system.

Lively Member

do i need to add those in the list that u provided while i do PDW? if so, i will try it then..thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by anatasia
    re-checked the the preferences...
    Do you really mean References? And yes you do need to add all those files into your setup and possibly more since I did not have all of your ocx/dll's there may be more dependencies.

Zip and upload the missing ocx/dll's and I will check again...
    Last edited by randem; Sep 21st, 2006 at 12:11 AM.

Lively Member

i add the references and components following by the list that u provided when i packaging. but the system cannot be run at all. I've re-upload the latest file to the ftp site. It was so confusing.

It is very confusing.

Lots of thing could be wrong:

1 - You may not have included all the files you need.
    2 - You may not have registered the ones that need to be.
    3 - The files may be in the wrong folders.
    4 - The locations for some files may be hardcoded in the app.

Where are the destination of the files supposed to be. I.E. the database, the rpt files etc...

Also you should just upload the missing files since I have the other already. It would speed up the uploads/downloads.

I have experienced this error before. It was due to having a compiled exe with MDAC of one version packaged in the setup file but I did an update to the exe and compiled it on a different system with a different MDAC version. When I replaced the exe on the taaget system I got that exact message when the app was run.

The unexpected interface could be from a reference in your exe that is different from your package contained dependancy file(s).
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

anatasia,

You still did not include the missing ocx's. What did you add to make the file bigger by 18 MB.

OK, I see what you did you added files to the PDW cab file. That is not going to help me help you. I need the missing ocx file. I just wasted time downloading 78MB of files I already had.

Just upload the missing OCX/dll files that are in my list. You also have report dll's that is extremely large. Did you make sure you are not saving the data in the rpts. You must uncheck Save Report Data in CR.

Here is the list of files that I need:

9/21/2006 12:23:18 AM - Missing ticon3d6.ocx
    9/21/2006 12:23:18 AM - Missing tinumb6.ocx
    9/21/2006 12:23:18 AM - Missing titime6.ocx
    9/21/2006 12:23:18 AM - Missing timask6.ocx
    9/21/2006 12:23:18 AM - Missing ticaldr6.ocx
    9/21/2006 12:23:18 AM - Missing tinumbl6.ocx
    9/21/2006 12:23:18 AM - Missing tidate6.ocx
    9/21/2006 12:23:18 AM - Missing titext6.ocx
    9/21/2006 12:23:18 AM - Missing ssa3d30.ocx
    9/21/2006 12:23:18 AM - Missing vslight6.OCX
    9/21/2006 12:23:18 AM - Missing ieframe.dll
    9/21/2006 12:23:18 AM - Missing CRDesignerCtrl.DLL
    9/21/2006 12:23:18 AM - Missing sssplt30.ocx
    Last edited by randem; Sep 21st, 2006 at 05:33 AM.

Lively Member

The missing dll/ocx files have been uploaded to ftp site. I appologized for the incovenience make. Im fresh to programming, thanks for teaching me so much.

Ok, now there are two more files missing. I will need these also.

9/21/2006 4:29:54 PM - Missing IEUI.dll
    9/21/2006 4:29:54 PM - Missing iertutil.dll

You also do something very strange. You have two files

prjUKirin
    prjUKirin.dll

You reference then prjUKirin file (it is much smaller and is probably not a dll) instead of the prjUKirin.dll file. This must be some mistake. You should re-check what name you are compiling your dll's too. This happens with all your projects. This will be a show stopper.

Lively Member

the prjUkirin is incorrect, my project should be prjUkirin.dll.. but i added it when i compiling my system. I tried once to remove it, but it does not have any different among remove or remain. Thus i just ignore it.

It does make a differenct the dll's are never included in your project but the filename without the dll extention is. It is totally incorrect and there should be no way your project should work like this.

BTW: Where are those missing files????

Lively Member

The only missing dependencies file is prjCUtil.dll while i packaging my project by using PDW.

No, the ones I asked for and you were supposed to supply. it seems that this is more important to me than to you...

Lively Member

I was succeed to implement my system on user's pc. I also not very clear about how i solved the problems, i just tried and error so many times and end up the system could be implement. Randem, Thanks you very much for your kindly supports and helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    I have experienced this error before. It was due to having a compiled exe with MDAC of one version packaged in the setup file but I did an update to the exe and compiled it on a different system with a different MDAC version. When I replaced the exe on the taaget system I got that exact message when the app was run.

The unexpected interface could be from a reference in your exe that is different from your package contained dependancy file(s).
    this is

i did compile with my windows 7 and running .exe in xp clients, first i got error that... 430

i write on error resume next code, an it looks run perfect but the database not fill with all input data in sql server...

so i compile with my xp, and finally run perfectly...
    compile in xp vb6 make .obj file, but not in windows 7

and the problem is? i'm still wondering...

nb: sorry for my english

Re: [RESOLVED] "Runtime error '430' class does not support Automation or does not sup

Cayoga,

If you are still following this thread, I have experienced the same issue.

Compiling a VB 6.0 program in Windows 7 Ultimate runs fine in Windows 7.

When trying to run it in the Windows XP Pro machine, it gives that error.

I am trying to find out what the problem is and if I find it, I will post it here.

Tony
    Stop The World. I Want To Get Off !
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass ... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Re: [RESOLVED] "Runtime error '430' class does not support Automation or does not sup

If you guys are using Windows 7 SP-1 thern there is a break in compatibility with MDAC
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/asiasupp/...ce-pack-1.aspx

Is this your scenario?
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Thanks RobDog.

I am totally overwhelmed by all this not to mention totally confused.

I will continue to make sure i recompile my VB 6.0 programs on my old XP computer. I only have a handful of programs.

Will that resolve the issue?

Thanks,
    Tony
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass ... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Lively Member

Got to this thread from Google.

Code:
    Request a package of KB983246 and install it on your customers' machines. Re-compiled application should work after the package is installed
    How? How do I ask Microsoft to provide that package to me?

man.. compile ur project in the older version of OS.. when u compile ur project in the latest version then run or install it in the lower version of OS, the error will occur, which means incompatibility issues

madnessman,

I'm not sure of what your point is.

Thanks,
    Tony