Thread: How to improve my site ranking in google?

Frenzied Member

Arrow How to improve my site ranking in google?

Hi all i got a site which is indexed in google and i wonder if there is any method to increase its ranking without paying ?I want my search result to appear in first page almost near the top. I be happy if some one tell me how to achive this task.Thanks

Re: How to improve my site ranking in google?

This is commonly known as Search Engine Optimisation (or SEO), and the only safe way to do it is to make your site better for users - Google (and presumably it's major competitors too) has got to the point now where it looks for the same things that people do when they surf the web.

If you try any tricks, they may work briefly but will soon be spotted, and you'll be blacklisted.

As a general guidelines:
    • Content is very important - make sure that information is clear, and appropriate words are used (but not over-used).
    • It should be easy to find other pages on your site (3 clicks or less to get to any page), preferably with a site map page too.
    • There shouldn't be any colouring which makes text hard to read (eg: blue on a black background).
    • You shouldn't use too much in the way of Flash or things like it (as they cant be searched)
    • Your pages should be made properly.. with no html coding errors (as that makes it harder for search engines to read your site). See the w3c validator pages to find what errors you have made.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar

Re: How to improve my site ranking in google?

To add.

Use meta keywords and descriptions in your head section.
    Dynamic, constantly changing content is good. It'll come crawling back for more, pun intended.
    Make sure all links work and lead to no 404s.
    Being linked to from other sites helps bump up your rankings, so you may want to consider having a link exchange with webmasters of other websites.