Thread: [RESOLVED] Transparent Frame Control Problem

Resolved [RESOLVED] Transparent Frame Control Problem

I downloaded a transparent frame control from this BB awhile back and used it successfully in a form. However, i have just copied my VB app to a new PC, and when I try to load the form, i get the error message,

Run-time error '429'
    ActiveX component can't create object

Now, I cannot use the transparent frame control on any other form in this project, although I can use it in other projects.

Most worrisome, however, is I cannot open the form in which the transparent frame control exists, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to rebuild it from scratch. Any suggestions are MUCH appreciated.

Re: Transparent Frame Control Problem

Did you copy the ocx you were talking about? Did you registered it?

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Lockhart
    Most worrisome, however, is I cannot open the form in which the transparent frame control exists, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to rebuild it from scratch. Any suggestions are MUCH appreciated.
    At very worst, load the frm file in Notepad and delete the line with the reference to the frame control. Then load the project, open the form and put the frame control on the form.
    The most difficult part of developing a program is understanding the problem.
    The second most difficult part is deciding how you're going to solve the problem.
    Actually writing the program (translating your solution into some computer language) is the easiest part.

Please indent your code and use [HIGHLIGHT="VB"] [/HIGHLIGHT] tags around it to make it easier to read.

Please Help Us To Save Ana

Thanks, AL42, I'll try that. Gavio, yes I did register the ocx.