Thread: Create a DeskBand in C#

Create a DeskBand in C#

Normally I'd steal the credit, but this is too cool...

http://www.thecodeproject.com/csharp...&select=862248
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you just water down your vodka.

Take credit, not responsibility

'The Land 'o Microsoft' (a.k.a. Seattle, WA)

Re: Create a DeskBand in C#

This is exactly what I was looking for...it's very cool! After going through the sample code, though, I'm at a loss as to how to turn this into something I can distribute with the application I'm working on. The DLL files that are produced are not registerable outside the project (at least not with standard regsvr32...as near as I can tell)

Is this just something fun for us to do on our own workstations and not make it distributable? Anyone tried using this in a distributed application yet?

Thanks,
    Dan

'The Land 'o Microsoft' (a.k.a. Seattle, WA)

Oh, I probably should mention that I'm also going to be interested in having my deskband communicate with an existing application--kinda like the way iTunes works (minimized view displays the deskband). Anyone done anything like that before?

Quote Originally Posted by cmptr_man
    This is exactly what I was looking for...it's very cool! After going through the sample code, though, I'm at a loss as to how to turn this into something I can distribute with the application I'm working on. The DLL files that are produced are not registerable outside the project (at least not with standard regsvr32...as near as I can tell)

Is this just something fun for us to do on our own workstations and not make it distributable? Anyone tried using this in a distributed application yet?

Thanks,
    Dan
    The DLLs created are to be registered in the GAC, if I remember correctly. A decent package and deployment program should have that as an option.
    Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you just water down your vodka.

Take credit, not responsibility