Thread: Application-defined or Object Defined error (runtime error 713)

Addicted Member

Exclamation Application-defined or Object Defined error (runtime error 713)

When im trying to make an exe file.. and run it on another computer an error occurs when i click one of the buttons. the forms are shown but when i click the button that runs a data report it created an error msg.. pls help.. thanks!

Re: Application-defined or Object Defined error (runtime error 713)

that usually happens to applications using datareport when deployed. what you should do is include the file called msdbrptr.dll. this is the runtime environment file of datareport. data report designer is msdbrpt.dll. this dll is used to design the interface of the report. at runtime, your application needs the file called msdbrptr.dll and its dependencies
    On error goto Trap

Trap:
    in case of emergency, drop the case...

If this post has been resolved. Please mark it as "Resolved" by going through the "Thread Tools" above and clicking on the "Mark Thread Resolved " option.
    if a post is helpful to you, Please Rate it by clicking on the Rate link right below the avatar

a search will lead you to this page

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q248055

that is how i solved that problem when i first encountered it before
    On error goto Trap

Trap:

If this post has been resolved. Please mark it as "Resolved" by going through the "Thread Tools" above and clicking on the "Mark Thread Resolved " option.
    if a post is helpful to you, Please Rate it by clicking on the Rate link right below the avatar

Addicted Member

Exclamation Re: Application-defined or Object Defined error (runtime error 713)

To d3gerald: the DLL files is now fine. But i encountered one more problem.. its says invalid data source.. the project that i created only connects through a dummy datasource(access) (remember d3gerald? you taugt me this ). i also copied it to other computer. the datasource directory is C:\dummy.mdb and that is where i pasted the source also on the other computer. what do u think is wrong with this? Thanks

could you post the code where you get this error
    If an answer to your question has been helpful, then please, Rate it!

Have done Projects in Access and Member management systems using BioMetric devices, Smart cards and BarCodes.

the invalid data source error will just popup without pointing to a code. as a result of the error, the data report will not display anything but a plain white interface. all you need to do is to set the datasource of your report to a recordset like

VB Code:
    1. set DataReport1.DataSource = rs    'just make sure that your rs is open whether it is connected to a database table or not
    2. 'then it all should be fine
    Last edited by d3gerald; Apr 5th, 2006 at 03:03 AM.
    On error goto Trap

Trap:

Addicted Member

when i tested it on the computer where i worked on my project it just worked fine. but when i published an exe file and then run it into the other computer it still looks for the data source >.<.

Addicted Member

could you give me a sample code for connecting to a database(C:\Dummy.mdb) and then opens it.. thanks in advance

On error goto Trap

Trap:

Error 713 with Data Report

Hello All,

I am also getting the same 713 error with data report. Can I just email the dll to my client and he can copy that under windows/system32 ?

Also does it matter whether the dll is under System or System32 ?

Vijay

Hyperactive Member

hate to kick a somewhat dead horse, but i am having this issue on a xp machine, i have followed all the suggestions, the dlls' are all present on the machine (as listed here an on M$ site) to no avail, the forms run fine but the reports throw the 713 error.

any help appreciated (at this rate i could have rewritten it in .net)
    --"Tap Dancing On The Brittle Edge Of Sanity"--

Fanatic Member

I just had this trouble with a datareport. I copied the 3 files (Msdbrptr.dll, Msderun.dll and Msstdfmt.dll) to their respective folders and then went in command promt and used regsvr32 on each one to register them and now, the datareport opens without error !