Thread: [RESOLVED] OmniPage OLE Documentation

Resolved [RESOLVED] OmniPage OLE Documentation

I am trying to automate OmniPage Pro. I have the object library installed but rather than try to figure out the methods, etc. by trial and error am hoping that someone has documentation for them.

My company installed the program onto my PC, but without the PDF file containing this information. [The Help Desk said I'm the only one in this major corporation who would want to automate OmniPage... ] I know the file exists because the program's website says it does: it is "Automation interface ENG.pdf."

Nuance, who supports the OmniPage application, charges for their help services so I'm hoping to find the document or some sample code without going that route.

Google has come up empty. Can anyone here help?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by QuetzalVB; Sep 28th, 2007 at 02:00 PM.

Re: OmniPage OLE Documentation

That pdf is on the Omnipage version 14 installation CD.

That doesn't help me. As I stated, I have a company install (from a network, not a CD) and they did not include that PDF file. It is not online and as I stated above, Nuance, who supports OmniPage, has you pay for their online help... and my guess is that they'd do what you just did, ignore the context and tell me to look at the CD.

I am sorry your company cannot help you better. It's crap to say I ignored your context. I have no idea about your company's procedure for installing software. You did not say it was by network-install in your first post. I just installed OmniPage Pro version 16. The pdf you mentioned or any documentation for automation is *not* included with that installation. I don't know about version 15. And I don't know what version you have, as you didn't mention that either, so maybe your Help Desk has no way of helping you anyhow. Like you, I have searched online, including at Nuance for more clues. A month ago, I acquired version 14 on e bay, lucky enough to find the pdf in the "Guides" folder on the CD. It is an older file, dated 2003, before ScanSoft became part of Nuance. You might attempt to be nicer if you're looking for free help. Bye.

Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight, I am just saying that I stated in the original post that I don't have the PDF file and that's what I'm looking for, so your one line comment wasn't helpful.

If you're going to participate in online forums, you might try to not read into statements, otherwise you'll get your sensitivities offended frequently.

It seems as if the PDF is not available anywhere for free, then, unless someone else knows of a place you or I missed. Thanks.

PowerPoster

Since the file is proprietary, no one is going to post it for you.

Does your company want you to automate OP, or is this just something you want to do yourself?
    The most difficult part of developing a program is understanding the problem.
    The second most difficult part is deciding how you're going to solve the problem.
    Actually writing the program (translating your solution into some computer language) is the easiest part.

Please indent your code and use [HIGHLIGHT="VB"] [/HIGHLIGHT] tags around it to make it easier to read.

Please Help Us To Save Ana

Thanks. I'm not asking anyone to post it or break copyright, but I thought perhaps it would be available online (some white papers and help guides are, via the software's website). Sounds like it isn't.

Yes and no to your question. My company (locally) does want me to do this but the corporate HQ is the one who installs the software, and I went up the ladder there to get the reply "Sorry, you're the only one interested in this so we're not going to bother with it."

I will mark the thread as resolved, since it sounds like I'm at a dead end.

PowerPoster

Re: [RESOLVED] OmniPage OLE Documentation

Local office wants you to run a computer program, but HQ refuses to allow you to use a computer. Doesn't sound like a company I'd work for, but I'd say it was a problem for whoever runs the local office, not for you.
    The most difficult part of developing a program is understanding the problem.
    The second most difficult part is deciding how you're going to solve the problem.
    Actually writing the program (translating your solution into some computer language) is the easiest part.

Please indent your code and use [HIGHLIGHT="VB"] [/HIGHLIGHT] tags around it to make it easier to read.

Please Help Us To Save Ana