Thread: Using wave-in device

Using wave-in device

Hello, do you know if is there any way to make work the wave-in device even if it were turned off? I explain myself: I am using mci for playing music and I want to perform a spectrum analyzer, the problem is that I don't know any switch in mci that gives me info on the wave info for I am cappable applying the FFT algo to this data for doing the SA. I am only able to do that turning on the wave-in device and using it for retrieve the wave. That's alright, the problem is that not everybody has the wave-in turned on. Maybe it is possible to send data (music) from mci to the wave-in and retrieve the wave to be able of make the spectrum analyzer.

Regards.

Re: Using wave-in device

Moderator Action: Moved thread from VB6 and Earlier Codebank to VB6 and Earlier
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Fanatic Member

Absolutely, no problem with that. Just plunge into the WaveIn API calls and do some coding. Although MCI playing and the low level Wave API calls use the same libraries, they both work together seamlessly. Now if you have never done low level API stuff.... brace in. WaveIn is easy, but WaveOut is not for the faint of heart.

Here is a WaveIn project for you to experiment with.
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Oct 22nd, 2014 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Fixed typo!
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Thank you, Nightwalker83, it has very nice looking. I'll have a look and I will rate you, for sure.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by avcaballero View Post
    Thank you, Nightwalker83, it has very nice looking. I'll have a look and I will rate you, for sure.

Regards
    Does that project meet your needs?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Hello, not exactly. Your code is very good, but need wave-in device to be turned on. What I was looking for is to use this device regardless of whether it is on or not. Actually I have developped a mci multimedia player in assembler, and is working fairly well. In addition I'd like to do a spectrum analyzer that is working also, but only when wave-in device is on.

I'm sorry to be late, but I only have weekends for my hobby.

Thank you