Thread: VB - Showing the CPU graph like in Windows Task Manager

PowerPoster

VB - Showing the CPU graph like in Windows Task Manager

Using the CPULoad class from this thread:
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=324335
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: VB - Showing the CPU graph like in Windows Task Manager

I took the liberty of adapting CVMichael's work to my own needs - I encapsulated this functionality into a stand-alone component, SmartControls.ResourceMonitor.

I left the .CLS file exactly as CVM originally created it, and wrapped it up in a UserControl.

Here is the full project (complete with Toolbar bitmap!) SmartControls.vbp and even a sample driver project TaskMonTest.vbp.

Attached are both projects, and a sample pic of the control in action. You will have some trouble getting the sample project to work until you re-compile the component for yourself.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nobody knows what software they want until after you've delivered what they originally asked for.

Don't solve problems which don't exist.

"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe." --- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

2 idiots don't make a genius.

Re: VB - Showing the CPU graph like in Windows Task Manager

Update:

When you unzip the file, you can open up the TaskMonTest.vbp by 2x clicking it, and the do a File->Add Project and add the SmartControls.vbp project second.

Then hit F5 and you should see the sample in action without compiling the binary.
    Nobody knows what software they want until after you've delivered what they originally asked for.

Don't solve problems which don't exist.

"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe." --- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

2 idiots don't make a genius.