Ok, this one might be a little strange. . . bear with me.

My friend and I and both having problems where the 20 dB microphone boost in the Recording control window in XP is being turned off, seemingly at random, while we're playing Battlefield 2.

This is a problem, as it occurs in-game while we're communicating with our clan-mates over TeamSpeak. We have to switch out of the game, pull up the window, re-check the box, then go back into the game. Bad things happen in-game if you're not paying attention

Looked into it, can't figure out why it's doing this. I looked for a little program that might allow you to toggle this on/off (automatically or with a keypress), but not suprisingly I can't find one. . .so I want to write one.

Is it possible in VB 6 to set the 20db boost for microphone, and/or to read the current state of this mic boost?

I'm a VB newbie, but I have programmed before (various BASICs, COBOL, RPG 2 & 3). I imagine it involves some sort of API or library function. . .

Sorry, yeah, I'm fairly clueless, but I'll not turn this into some "teach me VB" debacle. There's a lot of resources on the web and in bookstores for that. A point in the right direction would help me get started on my reading/research, though.

Many thanks,
-John