Thread: how to configure network forum using phpbb?..

how to configure network forum using phpbb?..

i have installed in my server and configured apache server and phpbb2 addon..

when i access the forum from the network, it would have an access to the forum.. but i can't browse website in the internet..

i ticked use proxy server in my lan settings...

what will i do so that i can access the local forum and still can browse the internet?..

Re: how to configure network forum using phpbb?..

How are you connected to the Internet? Are you behind a firewall, or do you connect though a router using NAT.

If so you need to ensure that you have set up a virtual server on your router for port 80 and that your firewall allows incoming connections on that port.
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.

we have a broadband connection.. and we share internet through DNS... nope, we are not behind a firewall...

I am not sure how you would use DNS to share your connection. DNS is a naming service. Is your modem connected directly to the PC which has the web server?

If you want to PM me your IP address or host name, I can have a go at connecting myself. Connecting using your external IP address form your computer does not consitute an external connection.
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.

im trying to have a forum in my lan through phpbb2... im not using a modem.. but we have this device that is directly connected to the server for us to have a broadband connection..

i share the internet by going to the properties of my LAN, then properties of Internet Protocol(TCP/IP), then configured the default gateway and preferred DNS Server to the IPadd of the server...

now, when i access the forum in the server, it would do fine...

but, when i access it from the network, still it would let me access the forum.. but i cant, anymore browse for other websites in the web...

(tried my best to explain)...