Thread: Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll error in Crystal Reports

Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll error in Crystal Reports

Hi,

I have a project that is a windows form that runs a crystal report. To install this I have a msi file. I have included the all the msm files that are required.

This has worked fine in the past, but recently we have needed to install the report on a new PC. The install seemed to work fine but when trying to run the report I get the "Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode" error message. All the PCs in our office are set up in the same way.

The only difference between when the install had been run last and when it was run again is that SP2 has been installed on all the PC's. Could SP2 make the msi install unable to register all the keys?

Is there anything that I am missing that I should be looking for to make sure the application was installed correctly?

R

PowerPoster

Re: Cannot find KeycodeV2.dll error in Crystal Reports

These might help solve your problem.

http://support.businessobjects.com/l...s/c2010681.asp

http://support.businessobjects.com/l...s/c2012603.asp

The c2010681 article list some additional documentation that might be of interest as well.

Unfortunately these don't cover my situation.

Thanks for your help.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Moved to application deployment

I had the same problem last week. I found that the merge modules for CR make a difference. I have the full developer edition of CR9 but the merge moudles for that version of CR did not work if I deloped a .Net application. I had to get the latest merge modules from CR for the .Net platform. I added them to the build and then the install went properly and the reports ran.
    Sometimes the Programmer
    Sometimes the DBA

Mazz1

I had this same issue too before. Wish I had know about the MM fixes. Too late to test it now but I see it was only relevant to the full version of CR, correct?
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

I'm not sure. The reports where developed in the Full version of CR9. But the application was created in VB.Net 2003. Previous applications done in VB6 needed the full CR product merge modules to run. But for the .Net I had to remove the full version merge modules and include only the modules for .Net
    Sometimes the Programmer
    Sometimes the DBA

Mazz1

I think there may have also been an issue with having .net w/ the bundled CR and having the full stand alone version of CR on the smae system that the app is packaged on.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6