Thread: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException' occurred

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException' occurred

Can somebody help me fix this problem? I have a child form that opens on a button click event within my main form using frmMyForm.show(). It works fine the first time, but after I close the child form and try try to open it again, I get the following error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar

Re: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException' occurred

It's easy to accomplish this, so you must be doing something in your code that is causing this. Post your code. All relevant parts of it, that is.

It works now

I was having a late night brain freeze placing my object as a class member instead of local to the routine. Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by Tom Hannah; Jan 20th, 2006 at 07:41 AM.

I am also getting the similar error.TargetInvocationExceptionthrown.
    at {return (IPetShopCacheDependency)Assembly.Load(path).CreateInstance(fullyQualifiedClass);} for my class DependencyAccess.cs of the MS Petshop4 application.

I tried referring http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828991 and set the gacutil for the PetShopCacheDependency.dll and it was succesfully created in its directory.I tried executing it again but still it thrws error.Please suggest and rectify me if I am doing wrong steps!

That looks an awful lot like C# code. This is the VB.NET forum. If you think the question is language independent then it belongs in .NET A & D.