Thread: Discussion: PHP 5 OOP

Discussion: PHP 5 OOP

This thread is for dicussion of the PHP 5 OOP tutorial:

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=378700
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.

Re: Discussion: PHP 5 OOP

Just one thing: I disagree that PHP5 was brought in line with Java and C#. Its OO features are a great improvement, yet it's still missing quite a few things, mostly code organization: the lack of packages/namespaces can be extremely irritating. The other big missing thing is a complete rewrite of the standard library in an object-oriented style. (In particular, making string literals be of a proper string type with member operations would be pleasant. Of course, that in turn would require operator overloading.)
    All the buzzt
    CornedBee

"Writing specifications is like writing a novel. Writing code is like writing poetry."
    - Anonymous, published by Raymond Chen

Don't PM me with your problems, I scan most of the forums daily. If you do PM me, I will not answer your question.

I have changed it to "more in line with Java and C#"
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

If its not too much work, It would be great if you would add a downloadable Adobe Acrobat or Word Version of it. (Hard to read from a long time off a forum)

I'm about to be a PowerPoster!

We tend to lean towards keeping content on this forum, rather than making it downloadable.

If you prefer, you could always copy and paste it into Word.

Frenzied Member

I like it. I like to learn new things.

Hi,
    first of all I would like to say "ciao" (which means Hi in italian) to everybody on this forum, this is my first message.
    In addition I'm very sorry for my bad English.

I've read a couple of articles related to the PHP5 OOP.
    In order to test it I would like to download the tutorial attached file but the link seems to be broken
    How or where can I downloade mentioned files?

Thanks in advance,
    Max

Hi Max,

I will check the web server a bit later and reply back when the issue is fixed.

ok...Thanks

I have checked all the links in that tutorial and none of them are broken. What is it that you are referring to?

Hi,
    I'm referring to the "phpcodefiles.zip" that you can find at http://www.developer.com/lang/php/ar...0941_3604111_2
    and the "query.zip" that you can find using this URL: http://www.developer.com/lang/php/ar...0941_3605221_2

Max

Okay, I forgot the articles had been put on developer.com too. I'll give Brad a heads up on those broken links and see if he can find out what happened. In the mean time all the source code is available on this forum, as the article was first published here:

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=378700

Quote Originally Posted by ubuMax
    Hi,
    I'm referring to the "phpcodefiles.zip" that you can find at http://www.developer.com/lang/php/ar...0941_3604111_2
    and the "query.zip" that you can find using this URL: http://www.developer.com/lang/php/ar...0941_3605221_2

Max

I've notified the editor on Developer.com so hopefully this will be fixed quickly.

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Addicted Member

One thing with regard to the escape_string function. Before using mysql_real_escape_string on the variable, it is necessary to check if magic_quotes_gpc is enabled. Otherwise we will be escaping the string twice.

What IDE are you using for the PHP OOP example? Thank You signed RichLynn
    Last edited by RichLynn; Apr 8th, 2010 at 07:43 AM.

Hi Guys,should
    i am very new for PHP,I am currently learning PHP. So where should I go for learning PHP.

Lively Member

Wow... great tutorial..

I always afraid the word "Interface" ... But this tut help me to understand... and its not that much techie to learn.... thanx

I realise this is old news, but I only just joined, and saw that nobody had commented on this before..
    There's a typo that occurs in both code samples and text:
    "class SatgeMySqlB extends MySqlDB",
    "return new StageMySqlDB('example');",
    "The SatgeMySqlB, creates an instance of a Log file object .."
    The tutorial is very useful I've only tried a little PHP, and expect to do more..