Thread: Scroll a Listview without Scrollbars

Giants World Champs!!!! Mark Gambo's Avatar

Scroll a Listview without Scrollbars

I had a need to create code that would scroll a listview without using scrollbars. I figured out a way to use use command buttons to accomplish this task. There are three (3) modes to scroll the listview: Individual Icons, Page of Icons, and Goto the first/last icon. The attached project will explain the concept. You need to have two listviews on the form one that has scroll bars and one that doesn't (.FlatScrollBar = True). Hide the listview with the scrollbars behind the one without by using the .ZOrder property. Make sure that they are both visible.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,

Mark

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful. Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post". Please use [highlight='vb'] your code goes in here [/highlight] tags when posting code. When a question you asked has been resolved, please go to the top of the original post and click "Thread Tools" then select "Mark Thread Resolved."

Giants World Champs!!!! Mark Gambo's Avatar

Re: Scroll a Listview without Scrollbars

My original reason for having to find code to scroll a listview is to design that perfect Outlook Bar Control. I disliked the scroll bars that were displayed whenever the listview had More icons than could be displayed. This is a compilation of code I found on google. I take no credit for this Code other than combing it into this project. I look forward to any comments regarding the project.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Mark Gambo; Dec 11th, 2005 at 02:15 PM.
    Regards,

Mark

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful. Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post". Please use [highlight='vb'] your code goes in here [/highlight] tags when posting code. When a question you asked has been resolved, please go to the top of the original post and click "Thread Tools" then select "Mark Thread Resolved."