Thread: MDI Last Active Form

Addicted Member

MDI Last Active Form

I have a MDI program. I want to have another form pop up in an MDI state.

I want to have a form menu that will allow choices that will instantly affect the current mdichild. However when the form pops up while MDI Child = True it takes place of active form. Currently have it at False, and showintaskbar =false

this somewhat gives the effect, but is it possible to keep track of what form last last accessed. Maybe use the tag property somehow? The Title of the form changes with the click of a treeview item, so if a person has multiple spawned views of that form then it would affect all forms that had that treeview. Not the effect I want.

Is this possible or do I need to stick with my method?
    Thanks bunch.

No place like 127.0.0.1 eyeRmonkey's Avatar

Re: MDI Last Active Form

If I were you, I would just make the popup form not be an MDI child. Most windows like that (such a properties windows and find windows) are not MDI childs. Would that work for you?
    Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition (.NET Framework 2.0)
    ~ VB .NET Links: Visual Basic 6 to .NET Function Equivalents (Thread) | Refactor! (White Paper) | Easy Control for Wizard Forms | Making A Proper UI For WinForms | Graphics & GDI+ Tutorial | Websites For Free Icons
    ~ QUOTE: Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rich Cook

~ eyeRmonkey.com

Addicted Member

yes that will be just fine I guess. Thanks for the help.

No place like 127.0.0.1 eyeRmonkey's Avatar

No problem. I have ideas how to do it the original way if you are interested.
    Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition (.NET Framework 2.0)
    ~ VB .NET Links: Visual Basic 6 to .NET Function Equivalents (Thread) | Refactor! (White Paper) | Easy Control for Wizard Forms | Making A Proper UI For WinForms | Graphics & GDI+ Tutorial | Websites For Free Icons
    ~ QUOTE: Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rich Cook

~ eyeRmonkey.com