I have been plagued with an issue that I cannot nail down. Here is the scenario:

I have a TextBox on a form that is bound using a typed DataSet. This TextBox contains a date. When the data is bound to this TextBox, I setup Format and Parse handlers. I also setup a Validating handler for this field for additional checking purposes.

Here is what is odd:
- Form1 Binds the data, adds handlers for the Format and Parse routines and lastly adds the handler for Validating. If I put in a bogus date, say 99/99/9999, my Validating routine alerts the user as planned. Events fire - Validating -> Parse -> Format

- Form2 does the exact same thing in the exact same order, but the Events fire - Parse -> Format -> Validating and the Validating routine gets the original database value passed in. (If I move the add handler code for Validating before the code that creates the handlers for Format and Parse, it works as intended.)

It appears that on Form2, the Parse and Format routines are realizing there is a bogus date and reverting it back to the value in the database.

Is there any way to control the order in which these events fire? This has been very painful as the events fire in a different order depending on what form they are on.