Thread: PHP Security Issues

Lightbulb PHP Security Issues

Hi

Here is an article I found,that may be usefult to many of us.

PHP Security Threats

Amresh
    Jobs: "Do u want to sell colored sugar water or change the world?"

Get Firefox Now!!!
    Mendhak leaving town.

Re: PHP Security Issues

That's a nice article. Good find

A few other points too. Since that article was written the register globals setting in the php.ini file has been disabled by default. You would have to be a complete nutter to turn it on or to write your scripts assuming that it is turned on. There are also a few other things which you should take into consideration when writing script, especially if they are intended for use in a public domain:
    • As well as running PHP in safe mode, ensure that the interpreter itself or the web server process running the PHP interpreter is not a root or Admin user who has full access to the system.
    • Turn off the display of errors by setting the display_errors directive to off and redirect any errors to a log file. This is explained here.

I have added a link to this thread to the PHP FAQ - Thanks
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.