Thread: run time error (80040111) Automation Error ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

Lively Member

run time error (80040111) Automation Error ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

Anyone ever get this error ?

Run-time error '-2147221231 (80040111)':

Automation error
    ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

I get this error when i am doing a Set MyShortcut = VBsObj.CreateShortcut(ShortCutPath & ".lnk")

I am only trying to create a shortcut here...and the server running this program is Windows 2000... Please advise..

Re: run time error (80040111) Automation Error ClassFactory cannot supply requested c

smtp,

Perhaps this will help ClassFactory

Lively Member

Re: run time error (80040111) Automation Error ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

yah, i was reading that, i'd need the other guy to test it first before i know, but do you see anything wrong w. my code?

Re: run time error (80040111) Automation Error ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

smtp,

What code? Errors are not usually one line of code. They generally are a series of conditions that lead to one line having a problem.

Post some code.

This was happening to me as well.

In VB I create two things that compromise my program.
    1. .dll
    2. .exe

I made a code change in the .dll and simply wanted to push out the new .dll to my users that operate the program. As soon as I replace the .dll the executable complains with the error listed here.

To fix this, I needed to recompile the .exe. It was almost like the .exe creates a checksum with regards to the .dll reference.

I don't know if this fits your symtoms, but it worked for me.

Terrence

That is because you are not using Binary Compatibility OR you are using Binary compatibility and have changed a function/sub definition.

VB does present message boxes about this when it is happening but you do have to read them...