Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote Desktop Application Example

Resolved Re: Remote Desktop Application Example

Thats a Rat,we dont Built harmfull programs here, Stop it or your Account will be deleted here. Be a good man

Re: Remote Desktop Application Example

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888
    Maybe you could attach the files in .zip format as I think more members have winzip then winrar.
    I only have winzip.
    1:i found error in client class the code is client.Send(buffer, wd, Sockets.SocketFlags.None)
    2: in server class error is wd = Client.Receive(buffer, PacketSize, Sockets.SocketFlags.None)
    if anyone have solution of these problem plz contact me

Quote Originally Posted by demon.KILER
    but I have this error and I cannot see any thing wrong with that line

VB Code:
    1. wd = Client.Receive(buffer, PacketSize, Sockets.SocketFlags.None)
    Error 42 Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'Receive' can be called without a narrowing conversion:
    'Public Function Receive(buffers As System.Collections.Generic.IList(Of System.ArraySegment(Of Byte)), socketFlags As System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags, ByRef errorCode As System.Net.Sockets.SocketError) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'buffers' narrows from '1-dimensional array of Byte' to 'System.Collections.Generic.IList(Of System.ArraySegment(Of Byte))'.
    'Public Function Receive(buffers As System.Collections.Generic.IList(Of System.ArraySegment(Of Byte)), socketFlags As System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags, ByRef errorCode As System.Net.Sockets.SocketError) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'socketFlags' narrows from 'Long' to 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags'.
    'Public Function Receive(buffers As System.Collections.Generic.IList(Of System.ArraySegment(Of Byte)), socketFlags As System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags, ByRef errorCode As System.Net.Sockets.SocketError) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'errorCode' narrows from 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags' to 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketError'.
    'Public Function Receive(buffer() As Byte, size As Integer, socketFlags As System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'size' narrows from 'Long' to 'Integer'. C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Desktop\Remote Desktop Server\Remote Desktop Server\ServerClass.vb 192 22 WindowsApplication2

VB Code:
    1. wd = Client.Receive(buffer, PacketSize, Sockets.SocketFlags.None)

Error 41 Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'Receive' can be called without a narrowing conversion:
    'Public Function Receive(buffers As System.Collections.Generic.IList(Of System.ArraySegment(Of Byte)), socketFlags As System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags, ByRef errorCode As System.Net.Sockets.SocketError) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'buffers' narrows from '1-dimensional array of Byte' to 'System.Collections.Generic.IList(Of System.ArraySegment(Of Byte))'.
    'Public Function Receive(buffers As System.Collections.Generic.IList(Of System.ArraySegment(Of Byte)), socketFlags As System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags, ByRef errorCode As System.Net.Sockets.SocketError) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'socketFlags' narrows from 'Long' to 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags'.
    'Public Function Receive(buffers As System.Collections.Generic.IList(Of System.ArraySegment(Of Byte)), socketFlags As System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags, ByRef errorCode As System.Net.Sockets.SocketError) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'errorCode' narrows from 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags' to 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketError'.
    'Public Function Receive(buffer() As Byte, size As Integer, socketFlags As System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'size' narrows from 'Long' to 'Integer'. C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Desktop\Remote Desktop Server\Remote Desktop Server\ServerClass.vb 189 18 WindowsApplication2

VB Code:
    1. client.Send(buffer, wd, Sockets.SocketFlags.None)

Error 3 Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'Send' can be called without a narrowing conversion:
    'Public Function Send(buffers As System.Collections.Generic.IList(Of System.ArraySegment(Of Byte)), socketFlags As System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags, ByRef errorCode As System.Net.Sockets.SocketError) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'buffers' narrows from '1-dimensional array of Byte' to 'System.Collections.Generic.IList(Of System.ArraySegment(Of Byte))'.
    'Public Function Send(buffers As System.Collections.Generic.IList(Of System.ArraySegment(Of Byte)), socketFlags As System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags, ByRef errorCode As System.Net.Sockets.SocketError) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'socketFlags' narrows from 'Long' to 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags'.
    'Public Function Send(buffers As System.Collections.Generic.IList(Of System.ArraySegment(Of Byte)), socketFlags As System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags, ByRef errorCode As System.Net.Sockets.SocketError) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'errorCode' narrows from 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags' to 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketError'.
    'Public Function Send(buffer() As Byte, size As Integer, socketFlags As System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags) As Integer': Argument matching parameter 'size' narrows from 'Long' to 'Integer'. C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Desktop\Remote Desktop Server\Remote Desktop Server\ClientClass.vb 79 13 WindowsApplication2
    I have the same problem.

And I use visual studio 2008

What could i change them to?

Hello,
    It's been more than 2 years since I posted that code.
    It's easier to do the same using remoting if you ask me now.
    It takes fewer lines of code...and is much more simpler.

1.)Setup a remoting server
    2.) set a remoting client
    3.) In the remoting server class,make a function to take screenshot of the server and return it as a memorystream.
    4.)In the remoting client,call that server function and display the picture on a picturebox. (use a timer to do it repeatedly)

It's that simple. If you have no clue about what I'm talking about....trust me and follow these steps...
    1.) Search for "remoting in vb.net" on google....find how to do it...
    2.) Search for "screenshot vb.net" ....you'll get the code for it somewhere online
    3.) Use a timer on the remoting client and call the server's screenshot function repeatedly
    4.) combine those two and rock it!! :-) (This is the best solution for beginners...not for people who ask for performance.This will not work well over the internet...it will work best only through LAN)

I'd love to help you with the code....but Unfortunately,I don't have the time to do the code and post it right now....but I will soon when I can....

Trust and try the steps mentioned above.....and Success is certainly yours!!!

Hope that helps....
    Last edited by uniquegodwin; Nov 23rd, 2008 at 05:50 AM.
    Godwin

Help someone else with what someone helped you!

hi Dear
    do you know something if i want to develop same applicatoin for web like msn messanger multiple users can view eachother desktop i think it will be interesting.

Question Re: Remote Desktop Application Example

hi godwin
    i'm krishna i need ur newer version code ,i expect you anyway ur reply please send me ...........
    i have many problem please send me zip file

I have 3 erros and like 24 warnings! :s
    Help.. Message me

im still quit learning!

For anyone who is interested in improving the speed of such a program - you should look into how programs like VNC work (VNC is a remote computer control program - www.realvnc.com). From Wikipedia's VNC article:
    The server sends small rectangles of the framebuffer to the client. In its simplest form, the VNC protocol can use a lot of bandwidth, so various methods have been devised to reduce the communication overhead. For example, there are various encodings (methods to determine the most efficient way to transfer these rectangles). The VNC protocol allows the client and server to negotiate which encoding will be used. The simplest encoding, which is supported by all clients and servers, is the raw encoding where pixel data is sent in left-to-right scanline order, and after the original full screen has been transmitted, only transfers rectangles that change. This encoding works very well if only a small portion of the screen changes from one frame to the next (like a mouse pointer moving across a desktop, or text being written at the cursor), but bandwidth demands get very high if a lot of pixels change at the same time, such as when scrolling a window or viewing full-screen video.
    My free .NET Windows API library (Version 2.2 Released 12/06/2011)

Blog: cjwdev.wordpress.com
    Web: www.cjwdev.co.uk

will it run to vb6??

Resolved Re: Remote Desktop Application Example

Existing link to unolibs.net does't work so please use this link
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/vb/UnoLibsNet_V2.aspx

how can i view the code pls..

i love tht code can i have in vb6 same code???

Smile Re: Remote Desktop Application Example

Hello i gotyour code a while back i been playing with it and think its awesome do you think one day you will make a newer ver of this one. maybe add a new opition in it like what teamviewer is doing instead of putting in ip addresses can put in like numbers or something but still can do the same thing? if so please let me know thank you.....

i've just downloaded it :-) Will try it out soon ...!

i cant find the link i have looked evrywhare on the site but cant find it but i like your idea about this its simple becuse it only needs the ip no port like also the msg option thing like ok and cancel mouse controll msg system and shut down his pc are my 3 favorite of rats dude i like it wish i could find it ps.i may maybe made some mistakes with writing this but im not english srry 4 it

where to download?

It was not a Trojan or RAT. A RAT would run hidden but this was fully visible and open and just an example. I guess the vbforums moderators have removed the attachment. I don't have a copy of that file for myself to see the code that I posted 10 years back.
    Godwin

Help someone else with what someone helped you!

Hyperactive Member

where can I download this ?

Can i have the code for this app? I really really need it for my school. But i have no idea how to create it. This is exactly what i needed. Thanks!

What a bummer it had to be infected with a virus :/ I really need something like this handy and i can see the SC to...

where can i download the code?

Anyone have idea about multi remote display concept,to see upto 6systems in a single desktop at a time,like camera connected to tv

You should try google. If you need remote pairing with devices e.g. like how Directv does you will need a Server to do such things.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12