Thread: Recording music via a VB6 application

Unhappy Recording music via a VB6 application

Simple question, long into.

OK, I have "created" basically my own private media player. I say "created" because I just added a windows media player control to my project, and I can feed it the songs and stuff I want to play via sending it the URL of the media. So I didn't really "create" any new code to play the files.

What I really want to do with my program, though, is to have some sound recording program kick off when a media beings to play. I can't find any controls or references that will let me turn them on/off or save files. I tried adding the Wave Sound control as an insertable component, but I can find any way to make it start recoding programatically. I also tried using the SndREcCtrl library, but that won't let me gain access to the conrols either. The Windows Movie Maker would also work for me, in theory, but I can find a way to access it's methods programatically either.

Do you know of anyway I can accomplish this? Any known controls or referneces that can be controlled completely from VB? Any way to create some sort of macro that would kick off and start recording programmatically?

Thanks.

-Mike

Re: Recording music via a VB6 application

Find the link in Jacob Romans signature to a Direct X site. That should let you record.

Talking Re: Recording music via a VB6 application

Thanks, man. I eventually found the link, which directed me to the DirectSoundCapture object on microsoft.com. I have some research to do on that, but it looks like what I am looking for.

He meant this:

http://directx4vb.vbgamer.com/DirectX4VB/TUT_DX7_DS.asp

And it wasn't in my signature.

And why not? I've been referring people to it for a few weeks. I guess I'll have to make it a shortcut on my system.