Thread: Resolved: Package and Deployment Problems

Resolved: Package and Deployment Problems

I have used the PDW before with no problems. However, this app I'm trying to package has some text files necessary for storing data and retrieving. When I manually add these files in the wizard they do not appear in the setup.lst and are not installed either (they don't even get put into the .cab file). What gives? Anyone have any similar problems or suggestions?
    Last edited by dsy5; Sep 10th, 2005 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Resolved
    Donald Sy - VB (ab)user

Re: Package and Deployment Problems

Check out the Application Deployment Forum. You can get Inno Script and Inno Setup from a link at www.***********

Inno is a better product than PDW, I think. You can add files to Inno Script, and they weill be packaged in Inno Setup. Inno creates one .exe file, also.

You can also get shortcuts automatically. It's all I use now.

Re: Resolved: Package and Deployment Problems

I found that I stuck the setup files in a different directory! Damn, too much caffeine.
    Donald Sy - VB (ab)user

No place like 127.0.0.1 eyeRmonkey's Avatar

In my sig I have links to inno setup (the main thing you need) and inno script (which helps gather all the DLLs and does most of the work for you). Check it out!
    Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition (.NET Framework 2.0)
    ~ VB .NET Links: Visual Basic 6 to .NET Function Equivalents (Thread) | Refactor! (White Paper) | Easy Control for Wizard Forms | Making A Proper UI For WinForms | Graphics & GDI+ Tutorial | Websites For Free Icons
    ~ QUOTE: Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rich Cook

~ eyeRmonkey.com

But you don't get a Desktop, or QuickLauch shortcut from PDW.

No, but its easier and you dont have to install another program to your system.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

And the AutoUpdater prevents you from having to download updates, restart, and then continue the installation..

Not everybody has to use **********. Everybody can use what they feel comfortable with or need for a particular situation.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6