Office Development FAQ
These are a few FAQ threads on the most used Office Suite Applications and general Office topics. If you have a common issue to add to the FAQ please PM me and I can add it. If you wish to add a reply to a topic, just post the reply as its moderated in the FAQ Forum. If you have questions or problems on a topic, post it in the OD forum.
Note: Code examples are in VBA format unless otherwise stated.
• Where did the VBA IDE go in Office 2007?
• How do I detect if an Office app is already running/created?
• How do I record a macro?
• About Macros, Security Prompt, and Digital Certificates...
• Can I get MS Office (any/all apps like Office Pro, One Note, Project, Visio, etc.) for Free?
• What the different major features between Office versions?
• How do I get the latest patches and service packs for Office?
• How do I programmatically determine the version of an Office App? (VB 6, VB.NET, C#)
• Where can I get basic tutorials & demos on the use any Office App?
Menus & Tool Bars
MS Office Menus & Toolbars are very simillar and are part of the same collection - Office.CommandBars.
• How do I add a custom menu item or toolbar button?
• How do I add a custom image to the menu item or toolbar button?
• How do I assign a standard Office image to a menu item or toolbar button?
• How do I set a UserForm as the TopMost form throughout Windows
• Creating an Event Handler Class
• UserForms Best Practices
• General Information About VBA UserForms
• How do I show my UserForm at the opening of my document or workbook?
• How do I disable the 'x' close button on a UserForm?
• How to transfer data between a UserForm and the Office Application?
• How do I show a context menu popup on a UserForm?
Continued in post #2...
Note: Images in this post are registered trademarks owned by Microsoft.