Thread: VB6 Error "Object Library not registered"

Question VB6 Error "Object Library not registered"

My Project - Weighing Balance interface Software developed in VB5 and working successfully in Win98 without problem. I need to make it workable under Win XP and VB6. When I opened the project, VB6 shows "Object Library not registered" error.

By analysing, I could find Microsoft Calendar 8.0 control and Microsoft MaskEdit Control is creating problem. I tried by unregistering and reregistering the controls and even reinstalling the VB6. To find out whether my project is corrupted, I opened a new standard exe and tried to enable the control (Microsoft Calendar 8 and Maskedit control) in the Components List. Still it shows the same error "Object Library not registered"

How can I Solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

- Nishal

Re: VB6 Error "Object Library not registered"

hi Nishal,

if you find these under the 'components' tab then it means that they have successfully registered, so you don't need to re-register these.

instead:

1. find out any dependency that these may have: it may be that a library (generally .tlb files) is missing to make these components work.

2. can you run any other project on VB? if yes, then refer to point 1 here above, if no, then there's definitely a problem in your VB 6 installation.

cheers,

wc.
    When your car breaks down,
    close all windows and retry

=> please rate all users posts! <=

Re: VB6 Error "Object Library not registered"

Use P&D Wizard on the Win9x machine. Run that setup.exe on the WinXP machine. Be sure to include all supported files, except the VB6 runtimes.
    Nobody knows what software they want until after you've delivered what they originally asked for.

Don't solve problems which don't exist.

"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe." --- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

2 idiots don't make a genius.