VB6 Error "Object Library not registered"-VBForums

Thread: VB6 Error "Object Library not registered"

Question VB6 Error "Object Library not registered"

My Project - Weighing Balance interface Software developed in VB5 and working successfully in Win98 without problem. I need to make it workable under Win XP and VB6. When I opened the project, VB6 shows "Object Library not registered" error.

By analysing, I could find Microsoft Calendar 8.0 control and Microsoft MaskEdit Control is creating problem. I tried by unregistering and reregistering the controls and even reinstalling the VB6. To find out whether my project is corrupted, I opened a new standard exe and tried to enable the control (Microsoft Calendar 8 and Maskedit control) in the Components List. Still it shows the same error "Object Library not registered"

How can I Solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

- Nishal

Re: VB6 Error "Object Library not registered"

hi Nishal,

if you find these under the 'components' tab then it means that they have successfully registered, so you don't need to re-register these.

instead:

1. find out any dependency that these may have: it may be that a library (generally .tlb files) is missing to make these components work.

2. can you run any other project on VB? if yes, then refer to point 1 here above, if no, then there's definitely a problem in your VB 6 installation.

cheers,

wc.
    When your car breaks down,
    close all windows and retry

=> please rate all users posts! <=

Re: VB6 Error "Object Library not registered"

Use P&D Wizard on the Win9x machine. Run that setup.exe on the WinXP machine. Be sure to include all supported files, except the VB6 runtimes.
    Don't solve problems which don't exist.

"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe." --- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

2 idiots don't make a genius.