Thread: [RESOLVED] Windows Inside Windows

Addicted Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Windows Inside Windows

If possible....

I want to design a main window which will always be present during the programs runtime. Within it have windows... Some windows will have a treeview and a listview to em. While others will have a other design.

Possibly be able to click a button to open a new workspace and have the windows stack on each other.

Within a "workspace" you can arrow <- and -> to achieve a bigger view of a sub window within a workspace... For instance. You can ctrl + right arrow key over to the listview while ctrl + left arrow will bring you a full view of the treeview..

Should I design each part of the extremly flexible program as one exe which accesses a database, or several dll's which I know nothing about creating... to design this application for scalability (I think is the right word)

Addicted Member

Re: Windows Inside Windows

Project -> Add -> MDIForm
    For child forms add regular forms, then set the "MDIChild" property to true.

Addicted Member

Re: Windows Inside Windows

Hello Rabbit, I will try that, by any chance is there a tutorial on this. You know creating explorer style apps. I created on using the vb wizard but I didn't really get the code and what was really powering it. I'm more hands on then saying... App create yourself. You know what I mean.

[edit] Googled it up... Silly rabit. Trix are for kids [/edit]
    Last edited by DJHotIce; Jul 19th, 2005 at 09:16 PM.