dcsimg

Thread: Activating a script on webserver from VB...

Activating a script on webserver from VB...

In my VB app I want to be able to activate a script but make sure the script gets a chance to run, i.e. not terminate the request before its finished.
    So it would be like Shell()'in, the Browser to open a certain page e.g. "www.mysite.com/script.php" but I don't want the user to see this as the page isn't going to contain any data. Its simply a script that will perform some maintenance actions, it is already a crontab but I will need to run it on demand too from the VB app.

Thanx
    When your thread has been resolved please edit the original post in the thread ()
    and amend "-[RESOLVED]-" to the end of the title and change the icon to , Thank you.

When posting Code use the [VBCode]Code Here[/VBCode] tags to be able to use the code highlighting.

Re: Activating a script on webserver from VB...

if you "browse" to that page..
    is the script complete when the page actually completes? or will the page complete first then the script is still running??

if it completes with the page.. then you could add a webbrowser control.. make it not visible..

navigate to the page...
    and in the Document_Complete event.. trigger the code to continue.
    just a thought
    JPnyc rocks!! (Just ask him!)
    If u have your answer please go to the thread tools and click "Mark Thread Resolved"