I have a chat application, I want to
a) on the client send a msg and have the format of parameters like this
[to]auser[msg]This is a msg to auser from me.

b) on the server. Log it (no problem yet), but how would be the best way to split it, bcause what if [to]Iamsendingyoua[msg][msg]This is the msg [to] you.

You get what I'm saying the brackets are a intentifier and tell what to go where. Maybe another syntax could be used. I'm so new to this VB stuff I'm boggled.
Maybe even (don't know how to program this) [to:user][msg:this is a message], but you still have to worry about what if a user types a bracket [msg:this is a message]]

How does our VB boards handle this, in fact Visual Basic in itself.

Also. Haven't done much searching. I don't have MS Access on this system. Cannot obtain it currently. However What would be the best/easiest method to learn the database structure, one line at a time. I've searched (google) and couldn't find a good enough response, my book isn't too clear either. (Some Book) and I may do mySQL cept is it easy to port? or am I better off with a text file and updating/deleting from there. I need something to keep track of... Tasks, Users Online, User Credentials, etc.

I'm almost there. Any help would get me OVER the hill on this VB stuff. I could really use it. Thanks. Oh and this is a last resort kinda think. I really don't want to bother ya'll b/c I know there is RTFM. I've done that. The MSDN is hard for me to read, it's design and the amount of writing hurts my eyes. Not as pretty and organized as my code you know!

But anyways Thanks!